PDA

View Full Version : 3 builds wanted. Artillerist, Psionist, and Runeknight

KyleG
2021-11-01, 07:32 PM
So I'm looking at my next character and I think I've narrowed it down to three ideas. What would you suggest to improve and/or optimise these?

1. The most character fleshed out idd a rune knight dwarf, starts off biker styles, tattooed etc. I imagined him a little charismatic and that led me down a path of having 3 warlock levels, undead patron (glyphs/tattoos lighting up in form of dread)with the talisman pact for rebuke of the talisman. Its early days, it might not be a good idea. I think he is on a quest to collect the runes. I imagine he might have an aberrant dragonmark too.

2. Flipping the script is my Soul knife idea. With 7 levels in bladesinger this could deal out some damage I think. But maybe soul all the way is better. I'll likely lean into the theme with telekinesis at some point but an alternative option to get knives and with free hands this seems like a good mix despite nut seeing much around regarding this combo.

3. Lastly is the artillerist, the closest one can get to a gunslinger officially. I'm thinking a hobgoblin runt of the litter type might be fun With its saving face feature. Originally I was thinking of multiclassing rune knight with artificer but the rk took on a life of his own so although I want to play the class I haven't got his story in mind yet so this is about optimising.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Dork_Forge
2021-11-01, 07:39 PM
Regarding psionisist I'd say just go for it, if you're going to do psionics, then do psionics, not mix in normal casting and say it's psionics.

If you're able to move around stats then just pick a Gith of your choice and go straight Soulknife, grabbing Telekinetic when you want it. I've actually played a straight Soulknife with that feat and it felt great as a psionic option, as does playing a Gith Psi Warrior.