PDA

View Full Version : Resources

Lord Tataraus
2007-11-18, 01:37 AM
Lurking through the daily mound of threads, one usually sees some one asking about CharOp, another is looking for the source of some obscure feat and someone is asking a theoritical question where some one invariably makes mention of X feat from Dragon #Y or obscure splatbook Z.

So out of interest and seeing so many of both sides (seemingly unlimited resources and core only) what resources do you have access to?

To expand upon that question: In games? In actual books/magazines? Through the internet (including crystalkeep in this category)? Through friends?

I have mostly every 3.5 book except for the completes and a few obscure ones, but with the rest of the group we're only missing like 3 books. I also have a small stack of Dragon magazines as well as Dragon Compendium (best book ever!). In games, I usually allow all sources (including crystalkeep for things we don't have) though I reserve the right to ban on a whim from outside core.

Kaelik
2007-11-18, 02:02 AM
Well I have all the non-setting 3.5 books, Savage Species, and the Players Guide, Campaign Setting, and Magic series for both Eberron and FR. I'm the book guy in our group too, so I actually have 2 DMGs, 4 PHBs, and 2 of a couple different Completes. That way I can lend them out if we find any new players.

When DMing, I allow pretty much any source. I make all evaluations based on content instead of source. When the other guy DMs, he is usually pretty picky about limiting things.

Suzuro
2007-11-18, 02:11 AM
I actually do have quite a few, PHB, DMG, complete series, including mage, scoundrel and champion, all the forgotten realms, I also have some of the more random ones, like Tome of battle and tome of magic.

-Suzuro

Chronos
2007-11-18, 02:59 PM
I have a 2nd edition PHB, DMG, volume I of the Monstrous Compendium, and psionics handbook, and a 3.0 PHB and Monster Manual. Plus whatever I can find online for free (SRD and excepts, basically).

MisterSaturnine
2007-11-18, 03:02 PM
I have the 3.5 PHB and DMG, the PHB II, Complete Arcane, Complete Psionic, the XPH, Complete Divine, Complete Scoundrel, Sandstorm, ToM, ToB, Magic of Incarnum, and the Magic Item Compendium.

RTGoodman
2007-11-18, 03:08 PM
I've got Core (PHB, DMG, MM), MM3, Expanded Psionics, Magic Item Compendium, Rules Compendium, PHB2, all of the Complete series, all of the Races series (except Races of the Wild, and I'm probably gonna get it soon), Frostburn, Books of Vile Darkness and Exalted Deeds, Tome of Magic, and Fiend Folio.