PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Deity Assistance

Almus Rayne
2021-11-02, 10:47 AM
Hello everyone, I am looking for help from anyone who has a broad range of knowledge for the different 3.x/3.5 deities.

I am dealing with a character design that is an undead who specifically hunts other undead. I'm needing him to gain Turn Undead for prestige classes but he is a rogue base so I am going the God Touched feat + Divine Channeler feat route. Although this requires a patron deity of Neutral or Neutral Good who would accept an undead as a follower.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a vengeance deity maybe? Or a deity who likes bane strike? Idk. A deity who hates undead would be my first thought but then they wouldn't accept an undead as a follower.

I'm accepting options from any book or publication that isn't 4e or 5e. Any help that any of you could give would be appreciated.

hamishspence
2021-11-02, 10:51 AM
Evening Glory is TN, an undead deity, goddess of "love beyond death".

An undead character who, after losing their loved one to attacks by other undead, swears to avenge their loved one and destroy all "evil and incapable of love" undead, would fit moderately well.

JoeNapalm
2021-11-02, 11:04 AM
Evening Glory is TN, an undead deity, goddess of "love beyond death".

An undead character who, after losing their loved one to attacks by other undead, swears to avenge their loved one and destroy all "evil and incapable of love" undead, would fit moderately well.

Bonus Points:

The Undead PC either doesn't know (or is willfully ignorant) of their own Undeaditude!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Tzardok
2021-11-02, 11:44 AM
Osiris and Nephtys are good deities willing to accept undead servants, and Nephtys as goddess of grief would be fitting for an avenger.

Paragon
2021-11-02, 12:14 PM
The Undying Court is NG so it should work just fine

Telonius
2021-11-02, 01:49 PM
Wee Jas is one that's kind of bounced around the Neutral area (depending on the edition). She seems like she'd straddle the line between Good and Evil, and might just welcome a powerful spellcaster focused on destroying undead.

Saintheart
2021-11-03, 06:31 AM
In Forgotten Realms, Kelemvor the god of the dead does actually tolerate to a limited extent as long as they're serving some unfulfilled purpose. The baelnorn, for example, don't bother him. It's liches and dracoliches that really get up his nose.