PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for some homebrew Magic Items (Made from Bronze Dragon).

HermanTheWize
2021-11-06, 12:39 PM
I have some Magic Items that are being made in a game im playing in.

My DM is asking if I have any ideas and nothing is coming to me, so I'd like to see if anyone has some ideas.

These items are made from an Ancient Bronze Dragon, this includes bones/scales/teeth/claws/eyes.

The items are for the following two character (will list who gets what).

Person 1: Level 11 Goblin Moon Druid who likes to show off wealth.

Person 2: Level 11 Human Fighter who used one handed weapons and shield, this guy is an drug addict who is loyal but very dumb.

The items are the following:

Dragon Bone Staff - Person 1
Dragon Longsword - Person 2

Light Dragon Armor - Person 1
Heavy Dragon Armor - Person 2

PhantomSoul
2021-11-06, 01:05 PM
- A shield made of the scales could be cool (bonus points if there are horns or something popping out)
- A surf/snow/sandboard from larger scales
- Weapons (daggers/swords?) from the teeth
- Potions from the eyes and organs
- Divination (entrails, eyes), transmutation (brain, heart) or conjuration/evocation (whatever produces the breath -- lungs, other?) components from organs
- Glider or sail from the wings
- Bagpipes made from organs that produces a breath attack

Some possible effects:
- Causing fear
- Darkvision (eyes)
- Blindsight (could be from whiskers if flavoured as electrostatic senses)
- Limited shapechanging
- Lightning resistance or immunity

ProsecutorGodot
2021-11-06, 01:11 PM
We made a shield for my character using a scale from a Bronze Dragon. Personally I've been a bit put off by how the charges are tracked, I want to make adjustments to it with my DM now that dragons and their items have been explored in Fizbans.

Here's the current version, perhaps it will give some inspiration:

While holding this shield, you have a +1 bonus to AC and are immune to effects that would displace you. This bonus is in addition to the shield's normal bonus to AC. This shield also grants the benefits of a Periapt of Wound Closure while it's within 5ft of you so long as it isn't being worn or carried by another creature.

Pseudo-magnetic Pulse - As an action, you can activate the shield and cause a pulse of repelling or attracting force to emanate from the shield in a 15ft radius semicircle. Creatures within this semicircle must succeed on a Dexterity (Acrobatics) or Strength (Athletics) check contested by your spell save DC or be pushed/pulled 10ft and fall prone. A creature moved in this manner has a speed of 0 until the end of their next turn. This ability has a number of uses equal to the wielder's CHA modifier (minimum of 1). The shield regains expended charges at the end of a long rest.
Destabilizing Aura - As a bonus action, you can activate the shield and cause one of the following effects:
-Creatures within 10ft of you move as if inhibited by difficult terrain. Upon choosing this ability, you may designate any number of creatures you can see to be unaffected by it.

-Creatures within 10ft of you have difficulty casting spells and must succeed on a DC15 Constitution saving throw or have their spell fizzle uselessly. Upon choosing this ability, you may designate any number of creatures you can see to be unaffected by it.

These effects last for 10 minutes and can be used a number of times equal to the wielder's CHA modifier -2 (minimum of 1). If you have an existing aura the effects chosen will match the radius of that aura. The shield regains expended charges at the end of a long rest.

Personal Magnetism - Once per day the wielder of this shield can grant themselves or another creature that they can see inspiration.
This shield is made from a Bronze dragon's heartscale and is carried in one hand. Wielding a shield increases your Armor Class by 2. You can benefit from only one shield at a time.

A shield is made from wood or metal and is carried in one hand. Wielding a shield increases your Armor Class by 2. You can benefit from only one shield at a time.

Now that I think about it, the fact that the items DC's are tied to a spell save DC and it doesn't have an explicit class requirement is also a bit of a sore point.

HermanTheWize
2021-11-06, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys.

To clarify, I mean these are the items being made and they will be magical.

I'm trying to figure out wht the magical properties would be. For example the Heavy Dragon armor sprouts wing for 10 minutes at will and allows the user to fly. Then he can do this one per short rest. Something liek that.

Dragon Bone Staff - Person 1
Dragon Longsword - Person 2

Light Dragon Armor - Person 1
Heavy Dragon Armor - Person 2

J-H
2021-11-06, 02:41 PM
Okay, and it looks like you have the form factor (staff, sword, armor, armor) already determined. No amulet, no shield, no dragontooth dagger, etc.

Salient properties of a bronze dragon:
-Lightning resistance
-Lightning damage
-Flight & swim speed
-Waterbreathing, fins in appearance
-Fear aura
-Change shape
-Repulsion Breath
-Blindsight

I'm assuming you're going for rare/very rare power level, not artifact and not uncommon, and that these will require attunement.

Bronze Dragon longsword
Made from a bronze dragon horn honed to an edge, this longsword has a saber-like curve to it, and crackles with static.
+2 Longsword
+2d6 lightning damage on hit.
The bearer has resistance to lightning damage as long as he is standing on the ground or in the water.

Bronze dragon bone staff
This staff glitters with a bronze sheen.
+2 quarterstaff
Once per round, when the bearer of this staff deals lightning damage, he may reroll any 1s or 2s on the damage dice, keeping the new rolls.
Knockback: Any enemy struck by this staff must make a Strength save (DC 17) or be knocked back 20 feet.

Bronze Dragon Plate
This heavy suit of armor is made from the largest of the dragon scales, finely cut and worked.
+1 full plate armor (unless your DM gives out +2 full plate)
Resistance to lightning [duplicates with sword, but oh well]
The wearer gains a swim speed equal to his land speed, and can breathe underwater.
Once per day, the wearer can emit a deafening roar as a bonus action, echoing the creature whose body was used to make this. All enemies within 30' who can hear the wearer must make a DC 15 Wisdom save or be frightened of him for 1 round.

Bronze Dragon Hide (druids can wear medium armor, Hide just disadvantages stealth)
+2 hide armor
As an action, the wearer may sense static and electrical charges near him, gaining blindsight 20' for 4 rounds.
Resistance to lightning