PDA

View Full Version : Cool things you have Crafted

Leon
2021-11-08, 06:59 PM
Having had plenty of experience with crafting items in other versions of the game over time (Mostly 3.P) I was a little disappointed in the lack of crafting options that 5e has at its base level. But had the chance last session to make a Magic Item for our Paladin that turned out really neat because of some random luck and NPC help.

We had previously fought and defeated a Thunderboar that our enemies had summoned and had a length of one of its tusks that still crackled with energy, the DM put together a method for crafting that had admittedly a lot of random chance in it but in the end we have a Spear+1 named Stormspike that does a bonus 2d6 Thunder and has a 1/day Lightning Bolt.

The Paladin is a Bronze Dragonborn so we thought it very appropriate that she got the spear, a Smol Storm of Holy Fury, now with more actual storm.

dafrca
2021-11-08, 07:07 PM
Having had plenty of experience with crafting items in other versions of the game over time (Mostly 3.P) I was a little disappointed in the lack of crafting options that 5e has at its base level. But had the chance last session to make a Magic Item for our Paladin that turned out really neat because of some random luck and NPC help.

We had previously fought and defeated a Thunderboar that our enemies had summoned and had a length of one of its tusks that still crackled with energy, the DM put together a method for crafting that had admittedly a lot of random chance in it but in the end we have a Spear+1 named Stormspike that does a bonus 2d6 Thunder and has a 1/day Lightning Bolt.

The Paladin is a Bronze Dragonborn so we thought it very appropriate that she got the spear, a Smol Storm of Holy Fury, now with more actual storm.

Very nice. I like both the idea and the mental image of them together, Paladin and Spear. :smallbiggrin:

kore
2021-11-08, 07:58 PM
Party fought an Iron Golem and my L11 artificer recovered the eye lenses from it then spent the necessary time and cost (adjusted by Artificer L10 feature and using XGE rules on crafting) to create Goggles of Night for the a human in the party.

da newt
2021-11-08, 09:28 PM
The Phantom Rogue in my party has hatched a Wile E Coyote inspired plan to use their Whispers of the Dead to channel an elvish master craftsman and use a mundane scimitar, a silvered shortsword, and staff of gulthias as the raw material to craft a magical double scimitar to go along with their Revenant Blade feat.

We'll see what the DM does with that one ...

I must admit, it makes for a special visual - the 2 mismatched ends connected with a spongy black wood with pores that ooze blood.