PDA

View Full Version : The Clockwork Abjurer

Sillybird99
2021-11-09, 07:29 PM
So, I recently discovered a solid combo of Mark of Warding Dwarf Abjurer 17/ Clockwork Soul Sorcerer 3. The metamagics would be subtle spell and quicken spell. Quicken to bonus action Blade Ward to further protect your Armor of Agathys and Arcane Ward combo. Subtle spell to protect your counterspells and big concentration spells. I just don't Know where to fit in the Sorc levels. I was thinking Wizard 2/Sorc 3 start, using those highest level slots for AoA, to get Arcane ward and metamagic online early. But that is a pretty rough start for Wizard spell progression. How would you split it up?

Edit: technically you don't need Mark of Warding Dwarf because you can retrain one of your clockwork spells for AoA

MadCircus
2021-11-10, 09:54 AM
Is Stoneskin spell not enough? I'd rather spend a 4th lvl spell slot (abjuration btw) than the few sorcery points. Otherwise I'd take the feat Metamagic Adept from TCE for quicken and extend (then extend Stoneskin :p )

If those really aren't options, I'd delay until Wizard 5 to get 3th lvl spells, which is the first bump in power, and then start taking sorcerer levels.

Sillybird99
2021-11-10, 10:11 AM
The problem with stoneskin is concentration and 100gp per use. Plus it is only useful if you are getting hit with b/p/s. Blade ward is situationally way better if used as a bonus action when you need/want it.