PDA

View Full Version : Paladin / Ruby Knight Vindicator help

alteil
2021-11-10, 12:43 PM
Hello, i'm about to start a new campaign and decided to play the BFS/lockdown guy for the party. I'm mainly Looking for some Opinions on my planned choices, some help with feats/Maneuvers or pointers for something i might have missed.

some Background Info:
My co-players are relatively new playing a Duskblade and Bard respectively, i wanted something that makes their life easier and this is what i found in my research.
No Flaws
Max 3 classes on a single character
No nightstick stacking
( I'm aware Cleric bases are stronger but given the limitations and me having played several clerics before i wanted something else)

I'm also Playing the Enforcer Paladin Variant class, largely irrelevant but it does give Intimidate as a class skill so makes getting the required ranks easier.

We begin at lv 4 and I got lucky with my rolled stats:

Race: Illumian (to help with MAD and keeping WIS at a minimum)
18/13/15/13/13/17 are my rolled stats with a floating +1 to spend on something from being level 4, putting 1 in each of dex/con/char and the rest into STR as i level.

Due to being Illumian and lack of flaws my feat choices are Limited thus im thinking of going budget lockdown, my planned build is: Pal 4/ Crus 1/ RKV 10/ Pal 2/ Crus 4

Planned Feats
1 Combat Reflexes
3 Stand Still
6 Extra Granted Maneuver
9 Power Attack
12 Battle Blessing
15 Robilar's Gambit
18 Defensive Sweep or extra turning

Maneuvers:

Level 5: Leading The Attack ,Charging Minotaur, Douse The Flame, Mountain Hammer , Crusader's Strike or Foe Hammer
(leaning towards Crusader's Strike because i wont be getting any other healing maneuvers for a while and PA should prove enough dmg but still unsure.)

lv 7: White Raven Tactics
lv 9: Defensive Rebuke or Covering Strike/ Revitalizing Strike (leaning towers Rebuke, suggestions?)
lv 11: Shadow Stride
lv 13: Rallying Strike or Irresistible Mountain Strike / Order Forged from Chaos (Most likely Rallying strike)
lv 15: Clarion Call or Swarming Attack (or anything from the level 9/11/13 rows)
lv 19: White Raven Hammer
lv 20: Swap something for Righteous Vitality

Stances:

Level 5: Iron Guard's Glare
Level 6: Child of Shadow (Idk nothing seems that good, this is only used outside of combat as its nice for ambushes/ anything that goes before me in the first round)
Level 11: Thicket of Blades
level 18: Immortal Fortitude or Aura of Perfect Order ( Perfect order is mostly for out of combat whereas Immortal fortitude is for when/ if it gets dangerous, suggestions?

Ill appreciate any input/suggestions and thanks in Advance.

smetzger
2021-11-10, 08:49 PM
1. Here is the link the the Crusader Handbook
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?181655-Spirit-of-Steel-The-Crusader-s-Handbook-WIP

2. I am currently playing a Cleric 1/Crusader 5/Ruby Knight 2 - I am going to concentrate on increasing Crusader levels as I would rather be primarily a martial. I am enjoying the Magic domain and being able to use both cleric and wizard scrolls and wands.

3. Feats... you will want to get Extra Granted Maneuver as soon as possible. It is a huge boon.
Instead of Power Attack consider Stone Power (ToB p.32)

4. Maneuvers...
Battle Leaders Charge is nice because you do not provoke AoO when charging. Not just from your target but anyone. This makes you so much more mobile.

5. Stances
Bolstering Voice is good

Rebel7284
2021-11-10, 09:42 PM
Is there any way to qualify for Sword of the Arcane order while still worshiping Wee Jas? Wizard spells are nice :)