PDA

View Full Version : A most impossible task.

wadledo
2007-11-18, 11:35 AM
I'm trying to create a Warforged Charger Bard for a gestalt game, and I'm (obviously) stuck.
It's 16th level, 36 point buy, 3/4ths health, most books (but if you could keep it to Internets, power to ya).
I kinda got an idea for the background, so what I really need is some help improving charisma.
Think you're up to it?:smallamused:

Crow
2007-11-18, 12:23 PM
Buy a big fat cloak of charisma for a +6.

wadledo
2007-11-18, 12:36 PM
Buy a big fat cloak of charisma for a +6.

:smallsigh:
True, but not entirely helpful, as it doesnt actually help my bardness.
What I'm looking for is feat suggestions, spells, and builds that make it viable.
If you could.

Crow
2007-11-18, 12:40 PM
:smallsigh:
True, but not entirely helpful, as it doesnt actually help my bardness.
What I'm looking for is feat suggestions, spells, and builds that make it viable.
If you could.

Maybe i am misunderstanding what you are asking? I thought you were looking for ways to increase your charisma. Could you be a bit more clear what you are trying to do?

Sstoopidtallkid
2007-11-18, 12:42 PM
I'm guessing, permanent things that he can explain through fluff rather than just items.

wadledo
2007-11-18, 12:48 PM
I'm guessing, permanent things that he can explain through fluff rather than just items.

Yea, sorry about not making that clear.
I was hoping for some feats (I don't often stray from SRD) that would make this playable.

kamikasei
2007-11-18, 12:49 PM
A shot in the dark: what are the valid subjects for that "Magic-blooded" +2 Cha, -2 Wis template? If Warforged aren't valid, could you swing a version of it with your DM?

What is the real problem, anyway? Just that the race gives a Cha penalty, or something more fundamental?

wadledo
2007-11-18, 01:07 PM
To get the Cha to 10 I have to spend the majority of point buy, and I honestly have no clue as to how I can work this long term.
If you force me to say it,
I'm stuck at an empty character sheet.
I hope your happy.:smallannoyed:

Bit o' Backstory:
-Created by wizard to be entertainment and bodyguard.
-Skilled at dancing.

What I hope to achieve:
4 Level Adjustment
4 HD Construct
8 Levels something Full BaB
/////////////////
16 levels Bard

Mewtarthio
2007-11-18, 01:59 PM
A Warforged Charger gets +10 Str, +10 Con, -6 Int, -4 Wis, and -8 Cha. Oh, and a 35% ASF. Why, exactly, are you making this guy a Bard of all things? I honestly can't think of any reason you'd do such a thing. If you want the flavor of a robot entertainer, what's wrong with the regular Warforged (only -2 Wis and Cha, with no skillmonkey Int penalties)?

wadledo
2007-11-18, 02:07 PM
Because a large construct bard who can barely cast a spell is hilarious.
It's more of a funny role playing game anyway (read: not hack n' slash), so it doesn't matter much.

SadisticFishing
2007-11-18, 02:13 PM
In that case, don't get a decent charisma. Just have a lot of ranks in Perform (Dance). I would even go so far as to take the Dervish prestige class to blend your fighting and dancing.

Rogue or Monk I think are two classes that get Perform (Dance). I don't remember any others.

nerulean
2007-11-18, 02:27 PM
Your charisma is more or less a lost cause; abandon it. Instead, look for ways to buff the bard skills that most of the class abilities are actually based on. Okay, you're not likely to ever get a Suggestion past anyone and you're going to be utterly crippled as a caster, but if you can ratchet your perform skills up high enough then you can still get your Fascinate on aplenty, and a tapdancing warforged with an enthralled audience is just a hilarious concept. Even so, I too would be tempted to take it down from charger to normal warforged myself, and crank up the defensive side through the class levels. Maybe you could get some sort of DM approved permanent enlargement effect, or make a normal warforged large for an extra +1 level adjustment, or something similar to keep the flavour without crippling the stats so much.

Skill focus will obviously crank the result of the old perform skills, and Versatile Performer from Complete Adventurer will get you more perform checks as well as an extra +2 if you combine your tapdancing with some tuneful whistling. Arcane Flourish from the PHB2 would make use of those spell slots you're definitely not using to bump the check even further. Dragon song from the Draconomicon. Check out Song of the Heart from Eberron to boost your general bardiness.

wadledo
2007-11-18, 02:39 PM
I would hug you if that wouldn't hurt my screen, tiny person hiding in my computer.

Your charisma is more or less a lost cause; abandon it.Any clue on how to arrange my stats then?
Instead, look for ways to buff the bard skills that most of the class abilities are actually based on. Okay, you're not likely to ever get a Suggestion past anyone and you're going to be utterly crippled as a caster, but if you can ratchet your perform skills up high enough then you can still get your Fascinate on aplenty, and a tapdancing warforged with an enthralled audience is just a hilarious concept.That's what I was going for.:smallbiggrin:
Even so, I too would be tempted to take it down from charger to normal warforged myself, and crank up the defensive side through the class levels. Maybe you could get some sort of DM approved permanent enlargement effect, or make a normal warforged large for an extra +1 level adjustment, or something similar to keep the flavour without crippling the stats so much.Yea, you are right about the charger, I'll see what I can do (base it off of Permanency: Enlarge Person?).

Skill focus will obviously crank the result of the old perform skills, and Versatile Performer from Complete Adventurer will get you more perform checks as well as an extra +2 if you combine your tapdancing with some tuneful whistling. Arcane Flourish from the PHB2 would make use of those spell slots you're definitely not using to bump the check even further. Dragon song from the Draconomicon. Check out Song of the Heart from Eberron to boost your general bardiness.
Thanks, I'll look into those.