PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed (3.PF) If Shapesand is nerfed, what other similar things exist?

Gavinfoxx
2021-11-10, 02:43 PM
So let's say Shapesand is nerfed to be 'psychoreactive, psychomorphic, alchemically-imbued sand that is as heavy as normal sand, and can be mentally adjusted to make anything that could be made out of sandstone, to be treated as if it were made out of sandstone.' So you can sculpt it, but it's heavy and favors compressive strength and it doesn't do detail very well. If that's the case, what other items, both alchemical or magical, exist in 3.5e and PF1e that do similar things? I have heard of... uh, Chaos Flasks, Marvelous Pigments, and from Pathfinder, the Traveler's Any-Tool and the All Tools Vest. Am I missing anything?

Zarvistic
2021-11-11, 04:58 AM
There's the packrat feat, requires wedded to history, dragon 354. Lets you carry stuff worth up to 10 gold/level, without specifying what it is.

ElderDarren
2021-11-11, 09:54 AM
Tensile Mercury from Arms and Armor by Bastion Press has gotta be my favorite. The stuff is fantastic, and with a flexible DM... utterly ridiculous.

Gavinfoxx
2021-11-11, 07:32 PM
And I suppose you could have a +1 Sizing Shaping Metalline weapon. Anything else to make smatter?

Yael
2021-11-11, 10:21 PM
There's the packrat feat, requires wedded to history, dragon 354. Lets you carry stuff worth up to 10 gold/level, without specifying what it is.

Also, you're kinda immortal. Just a little extra bonus right there.

rel
2021-11-11, 11:05 PM
Also, you're kinda immortal. Just a little extra bonus right there.

The feat doesn't actually require immortality or make you ageless mechanically.
It's meant to represent the traditionally immortal like Elan, but also long lived races like elves, those displaced in time like Captain America, practicers of serial reincarnation, possessing spirits and other stranger things.

It does however provide the ability to use any skill untrained and speak any language with a check if used as a prerequisite for pack rat.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-11-11, 11:28 PM
And I suppose you could have a +1 Sizing Shaping Metalline weapon. Anything else to make smatter?A cursed version of the same. Can turn into anything but weapons. So just own one of each, and...

Lhurgyof
2021-11-12, 05:25 AM
The Call Item psionic power (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827e) is pretty versatile, and while it's not the same it can scratch a similar creative itch.

Stoic
2021-11-12, 01:40 PM
Magic Item Sandsculpt Resin lets you sculpt sand as per Stone Shape (create crude coffers, doors, etc...).

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/r-z/resin-sandsculpt/

The 0 level spell Conjurer's Toolbelt creates a small tool that appears in your hand (you can create a hacksaw, lock pick, crowbar, hammer, etc...).

The Regional Trait Arcane Dabbler allows you to pick up two non-harmful arcane cantrips, choose Conjurer's Toolbelt as one of the two.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/rite-publishing-3rd-party-spells/c/conjurer-s-toolbelt

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/arcane-dabbler-regional/

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-11-12, 02:03 PM
A thought-activated item of psionic minor creation allows you to create 1 cu ft/lvl of any plant matter you want, and it lasts for 1 hour/lvl. One of the very few 1st level effects that is worth really jacking the ML up on.

Troacctid
2021-11-12, 03:18 PM
There's an item in Dragon Mag that's a permanent version of Nolzur's pigments with a daily limit instead of the whole consumable deal. But it's like 60k gold, so it isn't worth it.

ElderDarren
2021-11-12, 04:17 PM
There's an item in Dragon Mag that's a permanent version of Nolzur's pigments with a daily limit instead of the whole consumable deal. But it's like 60k gold, so it isn't worth it.

Do you happen to know the Issue Number off hand? I have a player that this sounds like ideal loot for.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-11-12, 04:51 PM
Traveler's Any-Tool and the All Tools VestIs it just me, or is the any-tool flat out better than the vest by a large margin, and at a small fraction of the price?