PDA

View Full Version : Character Ideas and discussion wanted.

OzDragon
2021-11-10, 08:24 PM
I have and Idea for a character Rogue/Druid i know not original but i want to play one.

I would like to hear how you would build it level distribution and such.

Yes I have my own ideas but would like to flesh it all out with all your help.

Race, stats and everything are up in the air. Level max will be 20 but playable at all levels is a great thing as we start at 1 or 3 normally.

Please discuss and have fun, dont bash others ideas please. All ideas welcome even if they are not "min max" Lets have fun!!

Willowhelm
2021-11-10, 10:01 PM
That’s very open ended. All you need to do is say you’re not strictly tied to the classes and you’ve basically asked for any character anybody can think of. Could you give a little more guidance?

GentlemanVoodoo
2021-11-10, 11:40 PM
Willowhelm is correct. More information is needed on this to effectively advise.

If you are asking about generalized ideas, the most common one is to find some way of capitalizing on sneak attack in some animal form via Wildshape and ways to enhance this. Such a combination would benefit from a Swashbuckler Rogue and Moon Druid combo. Stats only need to worry with Wisdom and Charisma as the animal form should cover Dexterity and Constitution.

There is something to be said in combining the Scout Rogue with a Land Druid. Land's Stride combined with most of the Scout's abilities should combo nicely in playing keep away or using a spell like Booming Blade. I am sure there are other means to make this more effective but can't think of any at the moment.

For a more comical/roleplay aspect there is the Mastermind Rogue and Dream Druid. One can only imagine the shenanigans a player could do with the Dream spell (from Walker in Dreams) and Master of Intrigue.

Naanomi
2021-11-11, 12:22 AM
I like combining Inquisitive rogue with Moon druid... Be a bloodhound! Expertise in Perception, Observant feat, get that passive perception up into the 30s

OzDragon
2021-11-11, 08:04 AM
That’s very open ended. All you need to do is say you’re not strictly tied to the classes and you’ve basically asked for any character anybody can think of. Could you give a little more guidance?

It's open ended for a reason. I would like to know how others would build a Rogue/Druid. I'm looking for discussion on how to make this combo work well through all content levels.

It's not really about what I want but, more about more about making it work cohesively and be fun.