PDA

View Full Version : Feat/Spell/Magic Item that grants extra swift action

smetzger
2021-11-10, 10:36 PM
I aware of the Ruby Knight ability to get extra swift actions.

Is there another way?

Darg
2021-11-11, 12:47 AM
White Raven Tactics or other sources of extra turns.

You can always ready a swift action in exchange of your standard.

Psyren
2021-11-11, 12:48 AM
As noted any extra standard action can be used to ready a swift action, however that will go off after your turn.

Synad racial gets them an extra swift, but only 1/day.

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-11-11, 01:34 AM
Anticipatory strike (CPsi) lets you take your turn out of initiative order, although it's an immediate action, so it would take up the swift action of the new turn. However, once that immediate action turn is over with, you'd have a new one for your next turn.

The Linked Power feat allows you to manifest a swift or immediate action power without spending an additional action on it, although it does cost your psionic focus, which requires actions to set up beforehand.

Likewise, contingency, psionic contingency, and Craft Contingency would all allow you to cast a spell or manifest a power (or more than one, in the case of the latter two) as a reflexive non-action or as part of another action, depending on what you have set as the triggers.

Linking your time frame to a sped-up one somehow would allow you to take multiple turns per round, including swift and immediate actions. Planar bubble and acorn of far travel both would allow you to speed up your time frame if the plane you're connected to (or the area the tree used for acorn of far travel is in) has a fast rate of time.

Similarly, both temporal acceleration and time stop grant extra rounds when put into play.

Being spread out among multiple hiveminded bodies would grant additional actions, whether because you're a dvati, another hiveminded race, or if it's done artificially.

Also, having minions under your control and command would allow you to take multiple swifts and immediates, even if they're not specifically you performing them. They'd still get done regardless, so it'd depend on exactly what you wanted them for.

Rebel7284
2021-11-11, 02:52 AM
As folks have mentioned, it's easier to get extra standard actions than it is to get extra swift actions, which is a pity with the number of swift action spells/abilities available in the game.

The [EPIC] feat Multispell gives you extra swift actions that can only be used to cast spells. With a permissive DM and certain loopholes you can even qualify for it in the early levels.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What do you want to do with those swift actions? Knowing this might help provide better answers.

Biggus
2021-11-11, 10:23 AM
If you have a familiar, Imbue Familiar With Spell Ability (SpC) allows you to transfer some of your spells to them, which they can then cast, effectively granting you extra actions. Only works for spells, obviously.

Edit: for noncasters there's Boots of Temporal Acceleration (MIC p.79) which take a swift action to activate but then give you two full rounds of Time Stop. Expensive though.

smetzger
2021-11-11, 12:08 PM
What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What do you want to do with those swift actions? Knowing this might help provide better answers.

I am playing a Cleric 1/Crusader 6/Ruby Knight 2
Specifically I'd like to use Divine Recovery to recover White Raven Tactics and then use White Raven Tactics immediately.
Or switch my stance and use WRT.
And then use a Strike... all in one turn.

I know I could take more levels of Ruby Knight... but I'd rather advance in Crusader.

Really wish I could use Haste to get an extra swift action instead of extra attack.