PDA

View Full Version : Hulking out

Graybender
2021-11-10, 10:40 PM
With rune knight and path of the beast barbarian we have a pretty good base to work on a hulking out character. While staying with only those two classes might give the most benefits I'm wondering where we could multiclass into to gain even more transformations and just get stronger every round. Spore druid comes to mind, also glamour bard if you are one to take it in a different direction. Are there other subclasses /features which give a feel of transformation / getting stronger? What would be a good level breakdown for such a character?

Rfkannen
2021-11-10, 11:12 PM
I would deffinitly make them an aasimar and take a level in undead warlock!

I really like this concept!

Mork
2021-11-11, 04:07 AM
I would certainly try to find a mix and match of bonus action and action transformations.
Both rage and rune knight transform as a bonus action, meaning your complete transformation takes some rounds to complete, and competes heavily with possible bonus action attacks. I like the aasimar in that respect, though its harder to flavour as hulk :P

Aett_Thorn
2021-11-11, 06:35 AM
Using Shifter as a race seems like a given. Order of the Lycan Bloodhunter would also work, if allowed.

Kane0
2021-11-11, 07:09 AM
Shame that a Ring of Spell Storing cant hold Tensers Transformation, but it can hold Guardian of Nature

Sherlockpwns
2021-11-12, 02:05 AM
Paladin channel divinity can add some bulk. Tenser is the obvious one but can’t be used while raging ofc. Enlarge to a lesser extent.
Druid in either stars or moon form can be used while raging (archery stars being the only useful one.)

I suppose moon is the most hulky. Get mad, get big, turn into a bear? Wolf? Whatever floats your boat.

Impractical perhaps ;).