PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Metamagic Question

Raktus
2021-11-11, 07:53 PM
This might seem dumb, but I'm only asking due to having seen it suggested before and a lot of people getting behind it (which confused me)...

Say you are playing a Divine Soul Sorcerer and cast Aid, could you use Twinned Spell AND Extended Spell at the same time? Selecting more than one target and extending it's duration to 16 hours...

JNAProductions
2021-11-11, 08:02 PM
This might seem dumb, but I'm only asking due to having seen it suggested before and a lot of people getting behind it (which confused me)...

Say you are playing a Divine Soul Sorcerer and cast Aid, could you use Twinned Spell AND Extended Spell at the same time? Selecting more than one target and extending it's duration to 16 hours...

Nope. Metamagic can't be used with other metamagics, by default.

You can use only one Metamagic option on a spell when you cast it, unless otherwise noted.

JackPhoenix
2021-11-11, 08:03 PM
No. "You can use only one Metamagic option on a spell when you cast it, unless otherwise noted." The exceptions are Empowered Spell metamagic from the PHB and Seeking Spell metamatic from Trasha.

Pex
2021-11-11, 08:05 PM
No. You cannot use two metamagics on the same spell unless the specific metamagic says you can. The only metamagics that say that are Empowered an Seeking.

SharkForce
2021-11-11, 08:13 PM
you also just can't twin aid in the first place, as it has more than one target.