View Full Version : PSP games

Crispy Dave
2007-11-18, 03:34 PM
so ive decided that im giong to get a psp for cristmas this year and i was wonder what games i should get and im getting the star war pack so i alreay will have renegade squardren

Dihan
2007-11-18, 03:48 PM
The PSP has games? :smalltongue:
In other words I have no idea

Woot Spitum
2007-11-18, 03:58 PM
The PSP has games? :smalltongue:
In other words I have no idea
Apparently so. Although the selection of movies on it is better than the selection of games.:smalltongue:

Crispy Dave
2007-11-18, 04:08 PM
ok ok enough jokes now i need answers and i need them now(or at least 10 days befor cristmas

Woot Spitum
2007-11-18, 04:17 PM
I've heard good things about both SOCOM and Daxter. If you like Castlevania, they have a pretty good collection out for the PSP as well. There's also the ports of PS2 games like Tekken 5.

EDIT: Also, don't forget to ask for memory as well. Some (if not all) PSP games require it. My brother made that mistake.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-18, 04:23 PM
I've heard good things about both SOCOM and Daxter. If you like Castlevania, they have a pretty good collection out for the PSP as well. There's also the ports of PS2 games like Tekken 5.

EDIT: Also, don't forget to ask for memory as well. Some (if not all) PSP games require it. My brother made that mistake.

the pack comes with a 1 gig memory stick

and im planning on getting movies as well as games

ArtifexFelicis
2007-11-18, 04:27 PM
My top three games for it.

Valkrye Profile Lenneth
Final Fantasy tactics
Disgeae

Lord Shplane
2007-11-18, 04:50 PM

Valkrye Profile Lenneth
Final Fantasy tactics
Disgeae

Those, plus Monster Hunter Freedom and Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Or just 2.

Xefas
2007-11-18, 06:36 PM

Valkrye Profile Lenneth
Final Fantasy tactics
Disgeae

I agree wholeheartedly with this, with the addition of adding that I believe a Kingdom Hearts PSP game is coming out in the not too distant future.

Lord Shplane
2007-11-18, 07:31 PM
Oh, and that God of War game that they're making for it.

Chains of Olympus or something like that.

JabberwockySupafly
2007-11-19, 08:21 PM
Wow, there are so many good games for the PSP...

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 has already been mentioned, and is easily the best PSP game out there. Plus there's Silent Hill Origins, Disgaea PSP, Loco Roco, Me & My Katamari, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Tekken 5: Dark Ressurection, Brave Story: NewTraveller, Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles, Jeanne D'Arc, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth.. I don't think I have enough space to properly list how many good games are actually on the PSP.

Dinkyass
2007-11-19, 08:29 PM
I'd also like to recommend Warhammer 40k: Squad Command (for all the strategy fans out there), Killzone: Liberation, Socom: Tactical Strike, and Metal Gear: Portable Ops Plus. I also recommend getting a better Memory Stick for your PSP, as the PSP supports homebrews, all sorts of emulators, etc. You'll also probably need the extra memory for your videos. :smalltongue: Man, I can't wait for Christmas!! 8gig Memory Stick here I come!! :smallbiggrin:

Lord Shplane
2007-11-19, 08:45 PM
I'd also like to recommend Warhammer 40k: Squad Command (for all the strategy fans out there), Killzone: Liberation, Socom: Tactical Strike, and Metal Gear: Portable Ops Plus. I also recommend getting a better Memory Stick for your PSP, as the PSP supports homebrews, all sorts of emulators, etc. You'll also probably need the extra memory for your videos. :smalltongue: Man, I can't wait for Christmas!! 8gig Memory Stick here I come!! :smallbiggrin:

Is this a real time strategy or a turn based strategy?

Psychosomatic
2007-11-19, 09:12 PM
Get an old-style (fat) PSP and an original copy of Lumines from a used game store. Use the Lumines exploit to downgrade to firmware version 1.5, and then upgrade to custom firmware 3.40 OE. Proceed to load up on NES/SNES/Genesis emulators, and convert PS1 isos into PSP-playable copies. And maybe pick up a few official games, too.

Lord Shplane
2007-11-19, 09:27 PM
Get an old-style (fat) PSP and an original copy of Lumines from a used game store. Use the Lumines exploit to downgrade to firmware version 1.5, and then upgrade to custom firmware 3.40 OE. Proceed to load up on NES/SNES/Genesis emulators, and convert PS1 isos into PSP-playable copies. And maybe pick up a few official games, too.

I'd actually suggest the new PSP, just because it can be plugged into a TV.

Psychosomatic
2007-11-19, 09:55 PM
I'd personally stay away from the PSP slim, just because not as much homebrew works with it.

Lord Shplane
2007-11-19, 10:19 PM
I'd personally stay away from the PSP slim, just because not as much homebrew works with it.

But since I don't mess with homebrew, It doesn't really matter to me. :smallamused: (I think that would be the right smiley to use.)