PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think V was talking too much for even him?

WolvesbaneIII
2021-11-12, 09:27 PM
No really, I know he talks a lot. but I think he might be talking too much under the circumstances.

is there a mind altering effect that makes people talk without a filter?

and I guess V's mind blank might not have been enough.

maybe this is just regular ol' V. but this is perhaps a bit much.

hungrycrow
2021-11-12, 09:44 PM
No really, I know he talks a lot. but I think he might be talking too much under the circumstances.

and I guess V's mind blank might not have been enough.

maybe this is just regular ol' V. but this is perhaps a bit much.

They haven't filled an entire panel with a speech bubble yet so I'd say no.

Carl
2021-11-13, 05:32 AM
They haven't filled an entire panel with a speech bubble yet so I'd say no.

This, they once made a mess of a competion because they where rushed for time because they spent roughly half an hour monolouging. Being overly verbose is kind of their thing.

Emanick
2021-11-13, 05:34 AM
I find it to be entirely in keeping with what I know of her.

enq
2021-11-13, 06:04 AM
I find it to be entirely in keeping with what I know of her.

I understood that reference! (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0412.html)

Schroeswald
2021-11-13, 02:19 PM
I felt like it was a bit too much for V too, not like, they would never be this wordy and use words as big but they haven’t talked like this in combat situations for a very long time. It feels kinda like V has been made more extreme in their personality, but maybe it’s just that usually V only gets a few lines per comic so it feels less overwhelming usually.

Alexandrite
2021-11-14, 09:55 AM
It did feel a little weird to me in the first few panels, because V just forgot they were in a combat encounter or something. Serini had a lot of time to do whatever she wanted there.

The rest felt more true to V, though. It helped that the second half had plenty going on.

woweedd
2021-11-14, 06:46 PM
Talking is a free action, and V takes FULL advantage. Good on them.

GeoffWatson
2021-11-14, 07:09 PM
It's so Belkar's punchline works.

Werbaer
2021-11-15, 05:17 AM
This, they once made a mess of a competion because they where rushed for time because they spent roughly half an hour monolouging. Being overly verbose is kind of their thing.
It was like 58 minutes. 1 hour competition. V rushed to get the guano poop, then was interrupted to say a few words to the spectators. Suddenly, the message "1 minute remaining" appeared.

Carl
2021-11-15, 11:09 AM
It was like 58 minutes. 1 hour competition. V rushed to get the guano poop, then was interrupted to say a few words to the spectators. Suddenly, the message "1 minute remaining" appeared.

Couldn't remember if it was half hour or hour they had, thanks for the correction.

KorvinStarmast
2021-11-15, 04:48 PM

It's so Belkar's punchline works. That, right there.
Jokes usually need a set up. :smallcool:

WolvesbaneIII
2021-11-16, 04:08 PM
I get that "the joke is V talks too much"

but it's almost like V was effected, and prattled on incoherently.

well, I guess I was mistaken. The next strip seems to dismiss this idea as V doesn't talk too much. Just enough for dramatic effect.

so it looks like I was wrong.

Psyren
2021-11-17, 10:27 PM

Yes, it's called their personality :smalltongue: tragically, it bypasses Mind Blank.

Quartz
2021-11-23, 09:14 AM

You must be kidding. Look way, way back at strip 10 (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0010.html).

Reboot
2021-11-25, 07:05 PM

Well, that only goes so far when they're particularly verbose (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0186.html).

WolvesbaneIII
2021-11-26, 12:59 PM
You must be kidding. Look way, way back at strip 10 (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0010.html).

That was more or less for a joke, and even with the latest strips being a joke as well, it didn't make anyone fall asleep either.

Besides, I figured the strip had evolved to the point that this kind of thing would be done in a less than important scenario.

V is inconsistent in that regard, in that he only talks too much in some circumstances, and not the other.

well, turns out I was wrong anyway, so I'll take the L. its cool.