PDA

View Full Version : Now I understand Xykon

Precure
2021-11-13, 11:06 AM
After my struggle with covid, I finally understand what Xykon felt about losing the taste of coffee. It's a terrible feeling.

Mad Humanist
2021-11-13, 03:34 PM
After my struggle with covid, I finally understand what Xykon felt about losing the taste of coffee. It's a terrible feeling.

I am really sorry to hear about that. You are not the only person I know suffering from long covid and the symptoms some are describing are much worse. They are also frustrated with the level of support.

littlebum2002
2021-11-29, 01:29 PM
Same here. I also know someone who lost their sense of taste for almost a year.

But on the bright side, it becomes a lot easier to eat healthy.

Darth Paul
2021-11-30, 10:44 AM
I feel for you. I was one of the lucky ones, I didn't lose my taste or smell. Just a hacking deep-lung cough for 3 months.

hroşila
2021-11-30, 01:44 PM
Same here. I also know someone who lost their sense of taste for almost a year.
Did it come back on its own or did they have to do some sort of therapy?

gellerche
2021-12-02, 07:31 PM
Well, at least you didn't blast the person who brought you the coffee with an energy that flayed the skin from their bones so that they died in agony, right?

Right?!?

Peelee
2021-12-02, 08:52 PM
Well, at least you didn't blast the person who brought you the coffee with an energy that flayed the skin from their bones so that they died in agony, right?

Right?!?

I do that with anyone who brings me coffee. Vile beverage, that.

pearl jam
2021-12-02, 09:49 PM

:eek:

Can't claim to share that opinion, but duly noted! :smalltongue:

danielxcutter
2021-12-03, 04:49 AM
In lieu of necromantic magic, I just get some form of latte.

Robots
2021-12-03, 08:36 AM

My sympathies, dude.

Kilo24
2021-12-04, 02:38 AM

Right?!?

Oh, god no. Does OP seem like someone who'd do that?

They haven't died in agony yet - that would be too quick.

Bohandas
2021-12-04, 02:41 AM

Agreed, at least as it pertains to anything that's actually primarily coffee, and not, like, a glass of milk with a shot of Khalua in it or something

brian 333
2021-12-04, 09:23 AM
Aaah, coffee. There is an ancient story that I heard, (made up).

Coffee is a condensed version of life itself: it has a wonderful aroma so full of promise while it is brewing, but tastes really bitter from the first sip. Sip by sip the bitterness fades until the last swallow so that you want another cup, but you can never recapture the moment.

I love coffee, by the way. It is a poem in a cup!

Precure
2021-12-09, 07:39 AM

Right?!?

Well, I usually make my own coffee, so...no.

littlebum2002
2021-12-09, 08:37 AM
Did it come back on its own or did they have to do some sort of therapy?

I think she had some positive results eating strongly flavored food like raw garlic and peppermint oil. It shocks your system back into learning how to taste, or so I am told.

Synesthesy
2021-12-09, 10:31 AM
I was lucky not to get the virus. Here in Italy, loss of taste is a tragedy more then any others.
Someone needed to say something lightier I suppose