PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a lich-like monster / class

dhasenan
2021-11-13, 06:08 PM
I recall a lich variant that I can't find. (It might not have been called a lich, but it functions similarly.)

Instead of creating a traditional phylactery, you wrote an autobiography. You then became too famous to die. I think it took 1d100 days to resurrect, but you could shorten that to 1d10 if someone read your biography.

Is this ringing any bells for anyone, or am I off my gourd?

CIDE
2021-11-13, 11:17 PM
I remember reading it as a concept but I almost feel like I saw it in a third party source and/or something like Dragon Magazine. Sorry I can't help you narrow it down but at least you probably aren't crazy.

Particle_Man
2021-11-14, 02:02 AM
Well not so great for the person who has it (as eventually they become a Dark Pawn of the book itself), but the Book of Souls does grant immortality (no more aging, sleep or food unnecessary, immune to poisons/diseases, not inconvenienced by temperature extremes in environment (ok that is just basically endure elements)) of a sort to the wizard linked to it. Dragon #234, p.21. But the wizard can still be killed. The book is really hard to destroy though. :smallbiggrin:

Paragon
2021-11-14, 04:31 AM
Walker of the Waste grants the Dry-Lich Template as its capstone so around level 13 for a Cleric of Sand and Thirst Domain

Rebel7284
2021-11-14, 12:37 PM
Necropolitan is kinda like a lich and you can get that right around the time you hit level 3.

dhasenan
2021-11-14, 06:14 PM
Turns out it's the Psychic Lich (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/undead/lich/lich-psychic/) from Pathfinder. Thanks everyone!