PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Abjurant champion?

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-18, 04:36 PM
I'm building a Psychic warrior for a new campaign, and I'm looking for some way to obtain at least 16 BAB for 4 attacks and still keep a good reserve of Power Points. Looking through my books, I saw the AC and realized it's the kind of thing I need, but in a psionic variant. Is there anything similar out there for psionics?

Iku Rex
2007-11-18, 04:47 PM
The (Illithid) Slayer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/prestigeClasses/slayer.htm) is somewhat similar. Full BAB, full psionic progression, special abilities.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-18, 04:52 PM
Hadn't it taken some big nerf in errata?

deadseashoals
2007-11-18, 04:55 PM
I don't think so... If you use the XPH book version, you can't choose your favored enemies and you have to have killed an illithid, or something like that. If that's what you're thinking of.

You could also look at the Sanctified Mind from Lords of Madness. It gets some nice smite abilities and partial daze immunity, as well as full BAB, 5/6 manifesting, and good Fort and Will saves.

Temp
2007-11-18, 05:36 PM
Doesn't the "Adaption" section of AC say the class *could* be adapted to Psionics? It would be even more powerful than normal, but it is--in a way--possible.

...But Slayer's great. More so for Psions, but great nonetheless.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-18, 05:40 PM
Hmm. I'll hafta take a look at it, and see if I can pull off some great schmoozoola to find SOMETHING that I can slay without turning the char into a classic revengeful hunter cliché. Aren't there any others out there?

Also, I don't think AC can be adapted, since schools aren't accesible for Psywars, and there aren't any feats for school focus for psionics.

Kaelik
2007-11-18, 05:47 PM
Also, I don't think AC can be adapted, since schools aren't accesible for Psywars, and there aren't any feats for school focus for psionics.

Why does everyone keep saying things like this? The AC doesn't require a school focus feat to get in, isn't granted one, and whatever else. Just say that you can swift manifest powers of your discipline as long as you spend less then AC level x2 power points. (Sure some people might be more offensive then others, so what?) And the AC bonus applies to whatever the Psionic version of Shield is.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-18, 06:01 PM
Maybe... because an errata (can't remember if it was a Dragon or web errata) said you NEEDED school focus: abjuration?

Jack Mann
2007-11-18, 06:18 PM
Nope. The errata has made no change to the entry requirements for abjurant champion (except to clarify that it takes two levels of bard to enter the class, not one).

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-18, 06:19 PM
I'm not refering to that errata. 'Twas another one, I'm looking for it.

Jack Mann
2007-11-18, 06:26 PM
That errata's the only one that matters.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-18, 06:28 PM
Does it have a disclaimer that says "This errata overrides all previous and future erratas referring to the book in question" or something like that? If it doesn't, then you NEED the school focus.

SadisticFishing
2007-11-18, 06:34 PM
Dragon erratas are more of a set of guidelines than rules.

Zincorium
2007-11-18, 06:52 PM
Does it have a disclaimer that says "This errata overrides all previous and future erratas referring to the book in question" or something like that? If it doesn't, then you NEED the school focus.

There is ONE official errata downloadable from the WotC website. That is the errata Jack Mann is referring to.

Your claim, that your as yet unknown source of errata still holds when the official errata says nothing of the sort, would require YOU to prove that it applies. The burden of proof on Jack's side is satisfied by the WotC errata downloads page.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-18, 06:54 PM
Of course. I'm looking for it. Once I've found it, I'll post it here.