PDA

View Full Version : My kids make me so proud

nickl_2000
2021-11-14, 08:17 PM
so, listening to them talk, they were playing a 1 shot. Which to them means that the DM tells a story with a lot of what do you do questions.

Theater is the mind, no real rules, it gets crazy and silly and I love them using their imagination like that.

However, the thing that made me really proud. The 8 year old had them in a dark room and they couldn't see, what do you do? 10 year old, I cast fireball so I can see.

At only 10 he knows how to wizard perfectly, fireball is the solution to every single possible problem! (Yes tongue in cheek, no blue because I'm on mobile).

strangebloke
2021-11-14, 08:41 PM
Woof.

Keep this power gaming munchkinry in check! There's no telling what he'll do next!

Segev
2021-11-14, 09:28 PM
That is awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Spiritchaser
2021-11-14, 09:44 PM
Wow

I have to worry about my 11 year old casting fireball (or whatever) AT my 9 year old.

PhoenixPhyre
2021-11-14, 09:50 PM
Kids are great. I introduced my nephews and nieces to the game, and now the (now 12, then 9) year old nephew has been running full campaigns for his brothers and cousins ever since. He's actually pretty good, if a bit Monty Haul. They get really inventive. Good kids, although they're really bloodthirsty, greedy, and not very honorable. They're totally fine with promising someone safety in exchange for payment or information...then murdering them as soon as they have what they want. Or paying for information...then stealing it back or murdering them (if they're bad people) and taking the money back.

dafrca
2021-11-14, 10:26 PM
I Love this story so much. I respect the kid a lot. :smallsmile:

KorvinStarmast
2021-11-17, 10:30 AM
However, the thing that made me really proud. The 8 year old had them in a dark room and they couldn't see, what do you do? 10 year old, I cast fireball so I can see.

At only 10 he knows how to wizard perfectly, fireball is the solution to every single possible problem!
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young had a song about this (https://youtu.be/EkaKwXddT_I). :smallbiggrin: