PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom of Loathing Base Class - The Seal Clubber

mp122984
2007-11-18, 05:21 PM
Hello. After getting some good suggestions on my Pastamancer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3502903) class, I've decided to do another class: The Seal Clubber. Before I do, I would like to make two quick notes. First, to answer a question from the Pastamancer thread, I chose 15-level base classes because KoL classes are 15 levels (and I've since found it an interesting challenge to get everything to fit in 15 levels.) Second, I've left out the Seal Clubber's healing and damage absorption abilities since I wanted to focus on those aspects in other classes (Pastamancer and Turtle Tamer respectively). Without further ado:

The Seal Clubber

Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: d10.

Class Skills
The Seal Clubber’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) x4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Table: The Pastamancer
{table=head]Level | Base Attack Bonus | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Special
1st | +1 | +2 | +0 | +0 | Two-Weapon Fighting
2nd | +2 | +3 | +0 | +0 |
3rd | +3 | +3 | +1 | +1 | Stoat’s Thrust Smack
4th | +4 | +4 | +1 | +1 |
5th | +5 | +4 | +1 | +1 | Super-Advanced Meatsmithing
6th | +6/+1 | +5 | +2 | +2 |
7th | +7/+2 | +5 | +2 | +2 | Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
8th | +8/+3 | +6 | +2 | +2 |
9th | +9/+4 | +6 | +3 | +3 | Stoat’s Lunging Thrust Smack
10th | +10/+5 | +7 | +3 | +3 |
11th | +11/+6/+1 | +7 | +3 | +3 | Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
12th | +12/+7/+2 | +8 | +4 | +4 |
13th | +13/+8/+3 | +8 | +4 | +4 | Eye of the Stoat
14th | +14/+9/+4 | +9 | +4 | +4 |
15th | +15/+10/+5 | +9 | +5 | +5 | Pulverize[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Seal Clubber.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Seal Clubber is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (except tower shields).

Two-Weapon Fighting: A Seal Clubber knows that his enemy’s numbers are countless, and uses some double-fisted skull smacking to keep up. You gain the Two-Weapon Fighting Feat at 1st level, the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat at 7th level, and the Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feat at 11th level even if you don’t meet the prerequisites.

Stoat‘s Smacking Eye: A seal’s slippery nature means that the Seal Clubber must constantly club and run. At 3rd level, you no longer need to take a full-round action to make both your first regular and off-hand attacks. This extends to your second regular and off-hand attacks at 9th level and your third regular and off-hand attacks at 13th level. At 13th level, you no longer suffer penalties for fighting with a weapon in your off-hand.

Super-Advanced Meatsmithing: At 5th level, the Seal Clubber becomes able to use mundane materials to give supernatural abilities to his arms.

You can create any magic weapon whose prerequisites you meet. Enhancing a weapon takes one day for each 1,000 gp in the price of its magical features. To enhance a weapon, you must spend 1/25 of its features’ total price in XP and use up raw materials costing one-half of this total price.

You may craft magic weapons as if you had the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat without meeting requirements relating to school or spell knowledge, replacing Caster Level requirements with Seal Clubber Level requirements.

The weapon to be enhanced must be a masterwork item that you provide. Its cost is not included in the above cost.

You can also mend a broken magic weapon if it is one that you could make. Doing so costs half the XP, half the raw materials, and half the time it would take to craft that item in the first place.

Pulverize: At 15th level, the Seal Clubber learns how to bash more than skulls. You may reduce any object of Medium-size or smaller that is not an artifact or relic to powder as long as your Strength is equal to or greater than its hardness. Doing so takes 1 round per hp of the object, in addition to proper conditions and equipment (no interruptions and a large hammer). The resulting powder may be used to craft weapons (including magic weapons) as if it was worth gp equal to half the original object.

In addition, you may use powder derived from pulverizing a wondrous item to craft a masterwork weapon with the same abilities as the original item as long as you meet the prerequisites to create the wondrous item. Such a weapon is considered to cost the sum of the weapon and the wondrous item. Creating such a weapon takes one day for each 1,000 gp in the total price. To create such a weapon, you must spend 1/25 of its features’ total price in XP and use up raw materials costing one-half of this total price (this includes the entirety of the powder derived from the wondrous item).

You may craft such weapons as if you had the Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Wondrous Items feats without meeting requirements relating to school or spell knowledge, replacing Caster Level requirements with Seal Clubber Level requirements.

The resulting weapon is a masterwork weapon with the ability of the original wondrous item and a special ability bonus of +1 for every four levels in the Level prerequisite of the original Wondrous Item (rounded up). If a Seal Clubber tries to “split” the powder resulting from a wondrous item to make more than one weapon, enhance an already existing weapon with powder derived from a wondrous item, or to mix powders derived from two or more wondrous items into one weapon, the results are brittle and useless.

Some wondrous items cannot be crafted into weapons. These items include (but at DM discretion are not limited to) liquids, instruments, tomes, bags, and items that open into extradimensional spaces. Powder derived from such items is useless powder, and cannot be used to craft weapons, even nonmagical ones. Using powder derived from one-use items results in weapons that break after being used for their wondrous item ability and must be mended afterwards.

You can also mend a broken weapon containing a wondrous item ability if it is one that you could make. Doing so costs half the XP, half the raw materials, and half the time it would take to craft that item in the first place.

Feel free to ask questions, give suggestions or alternate wording, or provide other comments. Thank you for reading.

Illiterate Scribe
2007-11-18, 05:50 PM
It looks great - nice balance, on a cursory glance - but where's mah LTSynergy? It seems to be gone from the ability list. Bashy am hate fool fetus leave Bashy strategy much favourite.:smallwink:

Akennedy
2007-11-18, 10:20 PM
So... a baby seal walks into a club...
Heh heh heh...

smart thog
2007-11-23, 11:54 AM
I do not see a lot of seal clubing in this, for which I am thankful for because I love seals.

WrstDmEvr
2007-11-23, 05:24 PM
Looks pretty good. The only thing I would comment on is the Pulverize ability. If you could find some way to balance it, extradimensional weapons would be pretty neat. Maybe a save would be required on being hit or be popped into an extradimensional space. But that would only be to add more to it; it looks fine just the way it is.