PDA

View Full Version : Optimization How to manifest 10th level psionic powers pre-epic

Jervis
2021-11-17, 01:01 AM
Before i get into the next bit i should say that this is for a dip into theoretical optimization in the vein of BoBaFeat or similar, so any and all cheese save "becomes a kobold and give yourself every feat and spell as a at will". is appreciated. I'm looking for something that lets me manifest 10ths because of thing like Expand Knowledge that require you to use a power thats a level higher to learn something. And while all of the other cheese works without it, not having 9ths in everything annoys me for a build that's suppose to be TO. I know Psychic Chirurgery can do it but that takes leadership if i want to include it.

TL;DR: I need a way to count as casting 10th level psionic powers for a TO meme build to work. I have everything else for it but i need that for the finishing touches. Heighten Power and most other things have a limit of 9th level

MaxiDuRaritry
2021-11-17, 01:27 AM
Take a few levels in ardent with the Magic mantle, as well as Supernatural Transformation (Psionics) to boost your base ML up to your HD. Either take enough levels in a casting class to cast 6th level spells (either cleric with the Pestilence domain or domain wizard with the Pestilence domain, or StP erudite with ways to convert divine spells to arcane spells) or commission the casting of the curse of lycanthropy spell (CDivine version, since it's an entirely different spell than the other one), so you gain racial HD. Now gain another level in ardent. If your racial HD are high enough, your ardent levels will now be boosted to the point where you can manifest 9th level powers, be considered epic, and can take 10th level powers with a feat.

[edit] But if all you want is extra 9th level powers, pay a telepath, a StP erudite, or a manifester who has likewise paid one of those two to manifest psychic chirurgery on you to teach you the powers you want. Or just do this (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=23801600&postcount=393).

Jervis
2021-11-17, 01:55 AM
Take a few levels in ardent with the Magic mantle, as well as Supernatural Transformation (Psionics) to boost your base ML up to your HD. Either take enough levels in a casting class to cast 6th level spells (either cleric with the Pestilence domain or domain wizard with the Pestilence domain, or StP erudite with ways to convert divine spells to arcane spells) or commission the casting of the curse of lycanthropy spell (CDivine version, since it's an entirely different spell than the other one), so you gain racial HD. Now gain another level in ardent. If your racial HD are high enough, your ardent levels will now be boosted to the point where you can manifest 9th level powers, be considered epic, and can take 10th level powers with a feat.

[edit] But if all you want is extra 9th level powers, pay a telepath, a StP erudite, or a manifester who has likewise paid one of those two to manifest psychic chirurgery on you to teach you the powers you want. Or just do this (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=23801600&postcount=393).

Oh Lycanthrope, that's actually useful for something else I'm making and it fixes my problem. No level up even required here because of this build's specifics. I will need leadership and briefly deal with the problem of being a werewhale tho. Thanks

Quentinas
2021-11-17, 02:42 AM
Technically is possible even with only ardent 20 (without lycanthropy or magic mantle or supernatural transformation) using Illithid compulsion from complete Psionic. The trick is that Illithid compulsion increase the ML for the compulsion power, so for the Ardent manifesting , one could learn an epic power that requires ML 21 at ML 20. Obviously if one use other ways to increase his manifester level this apply even before . I tried to use this trick in this build (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24842891&postcount=28) for the XXVII of Iron chef E6 so I could learn a level 4 power at ardent level 6.

ShurikVch
2021-11-17, 07:27 AM
Psiotheurgist feat (Dragon #349) allow to stack your CL and ML in certain moments; Cerebremancer (or Mind Mage) advancing both CL and ML - thus, with Psiotheurgist your ML(/CL) would be about doubled, and reach 21 well before the 20th level

Benefit: Choose a school of magic (or subschool) from the list below. Whenever you cast a spell from the chosen school, your total caster level equals your caster level plus your manifester level. Whenever you manifest a power from the corresponding discipline, your total manifester level equals your caster level plus your manifester level.