PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Is This a balanced 3-Character party?

Moontree
2021-11-17, 10:36 AM
My group just finished up our starter campaign and are starting our new one in a few months. I'm wonder if for a 3 PC party a Moon-Druid, a Great old One Warlock, and a Paladin would be somewhat balanced.

Eldariel
2021-11-17, 10:42 AM
Sure, that's a rounded, fairly potent party. GOOlock isn't optimal but Warlock isn't bad in any case.

KorvinStarmast
2021-11-17, 11:50 AM
Looks like complementary roles, just make sure someone has proficiency with thieves tools. (Criminal / Spy background usually supplies those).

strangebloke
2021-11-17, 12:49 PM
yeah you'll be fine.

Actually a very well balanced party imo.

GentlemanVoodoo
2021-11-17, 02:08 PM
If you are going by party roles then yes. The paladin is your tank and can share melee damage needs with the moon druid. Depending on spell selection the druid can function as the big spell blaster even while being a moon druid albeit in a limited capacity. Both of them as well have healing needs covered. The warlock is your skill monkey, scout and party face. Depending if the tome pact boon is selected they will also have your out of party utility needs met via the spells that can be casted as rituals for most situations.

Gtdead
2021-11-17, 06:35 PM
The party is perfectly fine. I would argue that the Moon Druid needs to be played by the most experienced player though, because it's the most inconsistent character of the 3 and it's effectiveness depends a lot on DM's rulings.