PDA

View Full Version : Help the total newb find that monster

Zencao
2007-11-18, 09:01 PM
I remember seeing it posted on these boards, a link to the online description/stats and such of sort of monster things... Lemme narrow it down.

The one in particular is the 'shadow' or 'darkness' version, as far as I remember, there is one group of these in existence at any one time, its a sort of quasi-god in that it gets bat**** bonus' and ability's, and whoever manages to kill it becomes it, there were 6 if I'm correct, one 'dark' or 'shadow' version which is the one I read, and one 'light' version and of course the four classic elements, wind fire water and earth variants (I think).

It's a humanoid I think, it's madeup of its element e.g the fire one looks like the fire guy out of the fantastic four :P

I think the shadow one got move silently and hide bonus' and such...

Ask some questions if I'm not being helpfull enough (I'm probably not) and I'll see what I can remember, thanks in advance!

Prometheus
2007-11-18, 09:54 PM
perhaps an Elemental (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elemental.htm)?

It is very likely that there is a dark and/or light version somewhere, either in another sourcebook or homebrewed, although I am not personally aware of where.

Also it is useful if you speak more articulately

Eldritch_Ent
2007-11-18, 10:47 PM
That would be the Aleaxe from Book of Vile Darkness.

Blasterfire
2007-11-18, 11:42 PM
That would be the Aleaxe from Book of Vile Darkness.

Aleaxs are from the book of exalted deeds, and i dont think this is what hes looking for anyway, aleaxs dont embody a particular element, nor do you become one when you kill one.

Zencao
2007-11-19, 12:27 PM
While similar to an elemental, it isn't one, I checked those first :p

Also, neither the aleaxe or elemental are unique in the death > your one now bish affect. Though they were similar... Sort of like elementals on steroids.

Sorry about not writing articulately, I'm very tired :)

littlechicory
2007-11-19, 12:45 PM
I'd mention the elemental weirds, but they're all female, so they can't look like the Human Torch...

Zencao
2007-11-19, 05:37 PM
I'd mention the elemental weirds, but they're all female, so they can't look like the Human Torch...

I thought you had it too, and then after checking I checked para-troop elementals (parasomethingorother) and thought I had it but WOOPS no go :(

I think I need to focus on the "only one" and "you kill it you become it" facts since those seem to be the most unique...

cupkeyk
2007-11-19, 05:40 PM
I thought Aleaxes were exotic weapons/tankards that were used almost exclusively by dwarven drunken masters.

Zencao
2007-11-20, 08:39 AM
I thought Aleaxes were exotic weapons/tankards that were used almost exclusively by dwarven drunken masters.

I can imagine dwarven Jackie Chan style kung fu! D:<