PDA

View Full Version : What If? can a free drink coupon save the stickiverse?

Rinazina
2021-11-19, 07:26 AM
Minrah, do you remember, has a free drink coupon directly gifted from Thor (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1136.html). Or at least, she has it in the afterlife. I wonder if she still has it in "real" life.

Consequently, is it an holy relic ? an holy-something-something? Can it be the only tangible evidence to justify their otherwise unbelievable story, about the Megazillion of worlds previously destroyed by the snarl?

Of course, I'm not thinking about the order, which believes Durkon and her, but rather Serini or Redclock.

Peelee
2021-11-19, 08:06 AM
Minrah, do you remember, has a free drink coupon directly gifted from Thor (https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1136.html). Or at least, she has it in the afterlife. I wonder if she still has it in "real" life.

Consequently, is it an holy relic ? an holy-something-something? Can it be the only tangible evidence to justify their otherwise unbelievable story, about the Megazillion of worlds previously destroyed by the snarl?
Hope is it evidence of anything other than Minrah getting a free drink on Valhalla?

Rinazina
2021-11-19, 08:22 AM
Hope is it evidence of anything other than Minrah getting a free drink on Valhalla?

Well, it is something that comes directly from the hands of a god, that is built of Valhalla-matter. It likely isn't a piece of paper with a beer drawing, even if it might look like that to a casual observer.

Peelee
2021-11-19, 08:32 AM
Well, it is something that comes directly from the hands of a god, that is built of Valhalla-matter. It likely isn't a piece of paper with a beer drawing, even if it might look like that to a casual observer.

.... and? Again, that proves that Minrah died and came back, which isn't terribly strange in this world. It proves nothing about what they're claiming. It's like saying that you were able to buy the Brooklyn Bridge and showing me a hotel receipt from NYC as evidence. It proves you were there, but nothing else.

Rinazina
2021-11-19, 09:19 AM
.... and? Again, that proves that Minrah died and came back, which isn't terribly strange in this world. It proves nothing about what they're claiming. It's like saying that you were able to buy the Brooklyn Bridge and showing me a hotel receipt from NYC as evidence. It proves you were there, but nothing else.

... Yep; Ok. a toast to you then, (on Minrah's tab)

Psyren
2021-11-19, 01:08 PM
Yeah, proof that a cleric of Thor talked to Thor is not proof of the multiple worlds phenomenon as stated. Certainly it isn't any kind of proof that Lord High Sunk Cost Fallacy would believe. And that's assuming it was even a tangible object she could (and did) bring back with her from the cloud.

With that said, I do think Minrah's words will have an impact - either on Redcloak later when he is able to take a breather from kill-the-dwarves mode and think about what they told him, or more likely, on Oona who overheard the yelling-and-the-hitting-and-the-more-hitting.

brian 333
2021-11-19, 03:16 PM
I mean, it's a free drink. Of course it will have an impact!

Redckoak will be really insulted when he discovers it's not redeemable in Acheron.

P.S. I thought it was a drink upgrade, like to the upstairs bar with bottle service. A free drink in Valhalla is like a free ice cube in Antarctica.