PDA

View Full Version : D&D Restaurant Coming 2024

EggKookoo
2021-11-21, 06:42 PM
Road trip! (https://griffinandgargoyle.com/)

dafrca
2021-11-21, 08:06 PM
Road trip! (https://griffinandgargoyle.com/)

Sounds quite interesting. Wish them the best for sure. :smallsmile:

Talwar
2021-11-21, 08:17 PM
Sounds neat, so long as the place isn't attacked by orcs as the precipitating incident of a years-long campaign across the continent.

strangebloke
2021-11-21, 08:46 PM
If I still lived in the midwest I would probably try this place out! Maybe I still will!

follacchioso
2021-11-22, 07:39 AM
The first edition of D&D was published in Lake Geneva in 1974, so 2024 will mark the 50th anniversary.

This seems to be one of the ways the anniversary will be celebrated. Let's see what the future holds!

loki_ragnarock
2021-11-22, 10:03 AM
I can't help but feel like by 2024 they'll have released a new edition that polarizes the fan base causing a bunch of people to drop the hobby or play something else while the general interest hits a downswing due to general oversaturation, cutting into their potential market for the restaurant.

But hey, I'm a bit of a Negative Nancy these days. If I'm still alive in 2024 I might drop in as a road trip.

nickl_2000
2021-11-22, 10:08 AM
I can't help but feel like by 2024 they'll have released a new edition that polarizes the fan base causing a bunch of people to drop the hobby or play something else while the general interest hits a downswing due to general oversaturation, cutting into their potential market for the restaurant.

But hey, I'm a bit of a Negative Nancy these days. If I'm still alive in 2024 I might drop in as a road trip.

No way, I predict by 2024 they will release 6e, learn from all previous mistakes and make a perfect edition that will please every player old, new, and future.

Saintheart
2021-11-22, 10:09 AM
Wait, if this is a RPG tavern where are the questgiver NPCs standing in place for weeks on end with exclamation points over their heads?

EggKookoo
2021-11-22, 10:10 AM
Wait, if this is a RPG tavern where are the questgiver NPCs standing in place for weeks on end with exclamation points over their heads?

No, that's the WoW restaurant. Three blocks over.

Saintheart
2021-11-22, 10:13 AM
No, that's the WoW restaurant. Three blocks over.

Oh right - this one is the one where 75% of all campaigns get started, isn't it? :smallbiggrin:

EggKookoo
2021-11-22, 10:14 AM
Oh right - this one is the one where 75% of all campaigns get started, isn't it? :smallbiggrin:

Well, it is a tavern...

The Glyphstone
2021-11-22, 10:17 AM
Each corner will have a figure in a dark cloak sitting alone with their back to a wall.

Peelee
2021-11-22, 11:27 AM
Storm Crow Manor (https://www.stormcrow.com/menu/dungeon-burger/) has been open in Toronto for three years now.

KorvinStarmast
2021-11-22, 12:17 PM
But hey, I'm a bit of a Negative Nancy these days. If I'm still alive in 2024 I might drop in as a road trip. Me too. And I have a brother who lives in Chicago, which isn't that far away.

No way, I predict by 2024 they will release 6e, learn from all previous mistakes and make a perfect edition that will please every player old, new, and future. Bartender, I'll have a glass of what that gentleman is having :smallsmile:

Each corner will have a figure in a dark cloak sitting alone with their back to a wall. I am angling to be one of those four figures; it's my retirement gig. Getting the wife to move to Wisconsin might be a challenge, though.

dafrca
2021-11-22, 12:18 PM
Storm Crow Manor (https://www.stormcrow.com/menu/dungeon-burger/) has been open in Toronto for three years now.

Some great looking burgers in them pictures. :smallbiggrin:

Too bad I am so far away. :smallfrown:

Ralanr
2021-11-22, 01:34 PM
The restaurant business, from what I've heard, is really difficult so good luck to them.