PDA

View Full Version : Spell cards

yellowrocket
2021-11-22, 10:46 AM
It's the holiday season and I've got a short list of things I want. I was looking at the spell cards for druid and cleric in particular. Those are the classes I'm looking at next.

I'm fine paging through the books quickly and having the info ready by my turn or verifying a players decision and what a spell does if I'm the dm.

Are they worth it? Are they more useful than the book or just unneeded clutter?

PhoenixPhyre
2021-11-22, 11:02 AM
It's the holiday season and I've got a short list of things I want. I was looking at the spell cards for druid and cleric in particular. Those are the classes I'm looking at next.

I'm fine paging through the books quickly and having the info ready by my turn or verifying a players decision and what a spell does if I'm the dm.

Are they worth it? Are they more useful than the book or just unneeded clutter?

For new players, they're incredibly good. For experienced players, they're useful.

Psyren
2021-11-22, 11:54 AM
If you play in person, spell cards are pretty handy. If you play online/VTT they're obviously less useful since most of the time you can just click the spell in your sheet and even have it roll.

dafrca
2021-11-22, 12:30 PM
I agree with Psyren. If you play in person they can be helpful. I liked having the cards for my Cleric. :smallsmile: