PDA

View Full Version : Domains for Despair

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-19, 02:03 AM
What non-core domains would be appropriate for the concept of despair? Is there a despair domain?

I say non-core because I have easy access to core at work via SRD.

brian c
2007-11-19, 02:45 AM
There's no Despair domain in the Crystalkeep list, but it sounds familiar. Closest I can find is Suffering (Player's Guide to Faerun).

Anyway, it would be easy enough to make your own Despair domain, if that's allowed (if the DM will let you, or if you're the DM). Mostly necromancy-type mind-effecting spells, Cause Fear, Phantasmal Killer, Wail of the Banshee, etc. Granted power could be something like a fear version of Pain Touch, or an aura/spell focus kind of ability to lower your enemies' will saves.

Edit: btw, Skjald, do you work really late at night or something? Because you always seem to be posting here at like 4am

Skjaldbakka
2007-11-19, 03:42 AM
Yeah, I work 12am-4 or 12am-7 S-Th.

I'd rather not make my own, but Suffering Domain definitely needs to be one I take. Probably swap out Destruction. Which leaves me with Suffering and Death.

Mr. Friendly
2007-11-19, 06:00 AM
Madness (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/divineDomains.html) maybe?

It's from Deities and Demigods. It's technically non-Core despite being on the SRD.

I would think Evil also,