PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Generic classes?

silver spectre
2021-11-24, 06:43 AM
Has there been any UA style generic classes information put out for the alternate 'magic' systems (psionics, incarnum, truespeak, etc...)?

Venger
2021-11-25, 04:18 PM
No. ten characters

paladinn
2021-11-26, 11:23 AM
Has there been any UA style generic classes information put out for the alternate 'magic' systems (psionics, incarnum, truespeak, etc...)?

I think to use with generic classes, the "alternate magic" systems would need to be converted to work like the arcane/divine systems. Which would not be a bad thing IMO. Psionics in 5e has already been sort of converted.

EXCEPT.. there are a couple psionic feats (Telekinetic and Telepathic) currently available to anyone, IIRC.

Arkhios
2021-11-29, 12:15 AM
I think to use with generic classes, the "alternate magic" systems would need to be converted to work like the arcane/divine systems. Which would not be a bad thing IMO. Psionics in 5e has already been sort of converted.

EXCEPT.. there are a couple psionic feats (Telekinetic and Telepathic) currently available to anyone, IIRC.

I'm pretty sure the question was made in regards to 3.5, not 5e, since this thread is in 3.5 sub-forum... :smallbiggrin:

paladinn
2021-11-29, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure the question was made in regards to 3.5, not 5e, since this thread is in 3.5 sub-forum... :smallbiggrin:

Wow, I hadn't noticed :smallsigh:

Just throwing it out as an example. Is there a forum rule that one can never ever ever refer to any different edition?

Arkhios
2021-11-29, 11:42 PM
Wow, I hadn't noticed :smallsigh:

Just throwing it out as an example. Is there a forum rule that one can never ever ever refer to any different edition?

:smallsigh: ...where's your sense of humour?

thorr-kan
2021-11-30, 11:54 AM
There has not been. But with feats, some of it can be imported.

The essentia feats and Shape Soulmeld give you some incarnum.

Truespeak has similar feats.

Martial Strike and Stance do the same for Tome of Battle.

Binders have a minimal amount of feat support. But it's nowhere near the full experience.

Psionics, on the other hand, has the Hidden Talent feat, some racial ability support, and that's pretty much it. Psionic feats give some interesting powers, but not the full experience.