PDA

View Full Version : Best fey race for Valor Archer bard

Nosta
2021-11-24, 03:57 PM
What is a good race for a Archer Valor bard of low to mid level

Sadly likely won't get to quick quiver

Gtdead
2021-11-24, 04:15 PM
Fairy. Flight and range are a match made in heaven. And don't worry about quiver, it's not that amazing (20~ dpr against AC 15 assuming lvl 11, Longbow, SS, +2 DEX and Archery style, when you could cast Animate Objects for 40~) , especially if you go the CE route (IMO you shouldn't, Longbow is the superior weapon, but mine is an unpopular opinion). You may want to dip fighter though for archery. Martial initiate is too costly for a race that doesn't get extra ASI.

stoutstien
2021-11-24, 07:04 PM
Fairy. Flight and range are a match made in heaven. And don't worry about quiver, it's not that amazing (20~ dpr against AC 15 assuming lvl 11, Longbow, SS, +2 DEX and Archery style, when you could cast Animate Objects for 40~) , especially if you go the CE route (IMO you shouldn't, Longbow is the superior weapon, but mine is an unpopular opinion). You may want to dip fighter though for archery. Martial initiate is too costly for a race that doesn't get extra ASI.

Aren't they small so longbows would mean constant disadvantage?

Gtdead
2021-11-24, 07:08 PM
Aren't they small so longbows would mean constant disadvantage?

Damn you are right, I always forget that Longbows have the Heavy property. Shortbow is the alternative for 320 range.

Sherlockpwns
2021-11-25, 03:29 AM
Aren’t there only 3 fey races? Satyr and centaur being the other two?

I mean if those 3, fairies with shortbows or satyrs with longbows and that incredible advantage on saves vs spells are the two real options. My table doesn’t allow pc races with flight so… if yours does you may as well enjoy it!

Edit: nothing wrong with centaur base 40ft movement either if you want to be a super mobile archery bard.