PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite quote from a movie (possible spoilers)

UncleWolf
2007-11-19, 09:09 AM
My favorite ones are:
"They're coming out of the F***ing walls man!" -Aliens

"It's the one that says Bad M*********** on it." -Pulp Fiction

Fatso
2007-11-19, 09:57 AM
"No, I expect you to die, Mr. Bond!" -Goldfinger

Emilio Zappa: "What's this s**t?!"
Jimmy Jump: "It's for the bullet holes, p*ta!"

-King of New York

Sorceror: "The Gods are pleased! They will watch!"
Conan: "Will they help?"
Sorceror: "No!" *laughs*

-Conan The Barbarian

Setra
2007-11-19, 10:13 AM
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die"

Callos_DeTerran
2007-11-19, 10:25 AM
"I've found a name for my pain, and that name is Batman." -First Batman movie

dehro
2007-11-19, 11:20 AM
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die"

drat.... you got it first..

I'll counter that with
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses..."
"hit it"

and...

"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension
of the Blues Brothers has been approved."

DomaDoma
2007-11-19, 11:42 AM
Pretty conventional, I know, but I'll go with "Every man dies. Not every man really lives."

Redpieper
2007-11-19, 12:59 PM
"The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club." :smallsigh:

Blayze
2007-11-19, 01:05 PM
"Dying for money is foolish. Dying for a woman is even more foolish." - Burt Lancaster, The Professionals.

UncleWolf
2007-11-19, 01:06 PM
"Leave the gun, take the Canole." The Godfather.

"Wow, thats a good shake. Don't know if i'd pay 5 dollars for it but that is a good shake." Pulp Fiction

"Frankly darling, I don't give a damn." Gone with the Wind

and of course...

French constible:"I'm shocked. Shocked to see gambling going on in here."
Servant: "Your winnings sir."
French Constible: "Thank you."

plus the 2 under this.

UncleWolf
2007-11-19, 01:14 PM
drat.... you got it first..

I'll counter that with
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses..."
"hit it"

and...

"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension
of the Blues Brothers has been approved."

Good one but i can beat that.

"Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?" -Princess Leia, StarWars: A New Hope

and...

"Halloooo?" Shaun, Shaun of the dead

Da Beast
2007-11-19, 01:18 PM
"People should not be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their people."

-V for Vendetta

"Nyaaarrp?"

-Hot Fuzz

Even if it's not from a movie, the line that started the greatest quest of all time deserves a place here as well...

"It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."

-The Legend of Zelda

Cristo Meyers
2007-11-19, 01:29 PM
"Aren't you a little short to be a stormtrooper?" -Princess Leia, StarWars: A New Hope

"Aren't you a little short to be an Imperial Trooper?"
-Celes, FFVI :smallbiggrin:

Back to topic, Serenity:

Zoe: "Jayne, do you really think any of us are actually going to get thru this?"

Jayne: (meekly) "...well I might"

Though it just doesn't carry as well thru text.

UncleWolf
2007-11-19, 02:00 PM
"If you take advantage of her you'll go to a special place in hell reserved for child molesters and people who talk in theaters." -Shepard from Firefly

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar." -Wash, Serenity

"We're going to need a bigger boat." -Jaws

"Here's looking at you kid." -Rick, Casablanca

"Liberate ta tu me ex Infernos" -The Event Horizon

"Buliwyf: 'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see...
Herger the Joyous: My mother, and my sisters, and my brothers.
Buliwyf: 'Lo, there do I see...
Herger the Joyous: The line of my people...
Edgtho the Silent: Back to the beginning.
Weath the Musician: 'Lo, they do call to me.
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: They bid me take my place among them.
Buliwyf: In the halls of Valhalla...
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: Where the brave...
Herger the Joyous: May live...
Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan: ...forever."
- The 13th Warrior

also from the same movie...
"Don't worry little brother, there are more."

Fascisticide
2007-11-19, 02:17 PM
Rosebud...

comicshorse
2007-11-20, 12:14 PM
" We nuke the sight from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."

" Which of you is the brains of the outfit."
" We're not really a brains sort of outfit."

" This guy is protected from on jhigh by the Prince of Darkness."

Telonius
2007-11-20, 12:23 PM
"I am unknowing." - The Seventh Seal.

Fascisticide
2007-11-20, 01:14 PM
He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Mr. President, we must not allow a mineshaft gap!

Zanthur
2007-11-20, 01:54 PM
"Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot..."
-V for Vendetta

"Jesus Buckman! This stuff's been on the Stingray since Korea!"
"Whats the matter sir? It still tastes like cream corn..."
"But... It's DEVILED HAM!"
"That could be a problem..."
-Down Periscope

"The pen is blue... The pen is blue.. The god damn pen is BLUE!"
-Liar Liar

I've got a few more favorites but those were the main ones I could remember off the top of my head.

UncleWolf
2007-11-20, 02:06 PM
oooo... Good choice with Dr.Strangelove

"Tora Tora Tora" -Tora Tora Tora (or any other WWII movie about Pearl Harbor)

"Dive Dive Dive" -U-571

"Whoooo...R...U?" -the catapillar from Alice in Wonderland

"Put the candle back!" - Dr. Frankenstein, Young Frankenstein

"Frau. Bluker! (horses whinnying)" -Igor, Young Frankenstein

"No Ticket." -Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

"It's elementary, My Dear Watson." -Sherlock Holmes

"seven...days" -the ring (not a favorite movie, but a good line nether the less)

Closet_Skeleton
2007-11-20, 02:25 PM
"Frankly darling m'dear, I don't give a damn." Gone with the Wind

fixed it 4 u

Smeik
2007-11-20, 02:43 PM
"The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club." :smallsigh:

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. "

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. "

Tyler Durden...

Midnighter1021
2007-11-20, 02:50 PM
"ask any racer...any real racer it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning"
Dominic Toretto~ the Fast and the Furious

RandomLogic
2007-11-20, 03:14 PM
"I can't believe that just ***king happened!"
"Is it dead?"
Boondock Saints ftw.

"You're killing me Smalls" The Sandlot. I use that one all the time.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2007-11-20, 03:16 PM
THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!! :smallbiggrin: Someone had to say it.

Fascisticide
2007-11-20, 03:18 PM
Moi tous les matins, je casse le vent, j'fais chier les gens, ça me purifie, c'est important !

Paragon Badger
2007-11-20, 03:28 PM
"There are three kinds of people in the world...."
-Team America.

You know I can't finish that quote. :smallamused:

Jerthanis
2007-11-20, 04:05 PM
"Forgot my sword..." - Blade, Blade 3

"pretty much anything Hannibal King says in the entire movie" - also Blade 3 (It was a terrible movie other than King)

Johns: "How's it look?"
Riddick: "Looks clear"
*Creature flies over, forcing them to duck, it flies away*
Johns: "You said it was clear!"
Riddick: "I said it *Looked* clear"
Johns: "How's it look now?"
Riddick: *rechecks* "Looks clear"
-- Pitch Black

SurlySeraph
2007-11-20, 04:06 PM
My name... is Neo.

The day may come when the courage of men fails; when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship; but it is not this day; an hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the Age of Man comes crashing down; but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand!

Yippie ki yay, mother******!

GimliFett
2007-11-20, 04:15 PM
"Get used to disappointment." -- Dread Pirate Roberts to Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride.

"We're safe for now, thank goodness we're in a bowling alley." -- Big Bob, to men of Pleasantville.

Fascisticide
2007-11-20, 04:27 PM
"STUNT C*CK!"
- Orgazmo

Zanthur
2007-11-20, 04:35 PM
"You aren't going to make this putt... ya jackass!"
-Happy Gilmore

"So... Billy... You ever been in a Turkish prison?"
"So... Billy... You ever seen a grown man naked?"
-Airplane

"I have a weinerschnitzel in my leiderhosen"
-Top Secret

Grinch: "One man's waste is another man's potpourri."
Max: *barks*
Grinch: "I dunno. Some kind of soup."
-How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carry version)

yoshi927
2007-11-20, 04:45 PM
Nothing really comes to mind... well,

"I can't follow orders just for the sake of following orders. That takes someone like you."

-Doctor, in Pan's Labrynth (to captain)

Rowanomicon
2007-11-20, 04:50 PM
President Merkin Muffley: "General Turgidson! When you instituted the human reliability tests, you *assured* me there was *no* possibility of such a thing *ever* occurring!"

General "Buck" Turgidson: "Well, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up, sir."

-Dr. Strangelove

The single slip up was starting a nuclear war

And from the same movie:

President Merkin Muffley: "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here; this is the War Room!"

Vuzzmop
2007-11-20, 05:01 PM
Not from a movie, but one of the many Satar Wars games:

Luke Skywalker: "I feel a great disturbance in the force"
Unnamed Soldier: "You always feel a great disturbance in the force!"

Setra
2007-11-20, 06:18 PM

Wasn't that Jedi Academy?

Ah now I need a quote or I'm off topic.. hmm

"Listen up you primitive screwheads! THIS is my BOOMSTICK!!"

Icewalker
2007-11-20, 07:29 PM
"I can't believe that just ***king happened!"
"Is it dead?"
Boondock Saints ftw.

Hehehe, that is an awful scene. Good movie.

Well, Firefly doesn't count as a movie, but I just watched Serenity, so:

"Define interesting."
"Oh god oh god we're all gonna die?"

"Just get us on the ground!"
"That part'll happen pretty definitely."

"[on intercom] This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then - explode."
"We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode!"

"Boy, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don't you think?"

"Way I remember it, albatross was a ship's good luck, 'til some idiot killed it.
[to Inara] Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint."

"You told me those entry couplings would hold for another week! "
"That was six months ago, Cap'n. "

"What in the hell happened back there?"
"Start with the part where Jayne gets knocked out by a 90-pound girl 'cause... I don't think that's ever getting old."

"Do you know what your sin is Mal?"
"Hell, I'm a fan of all seven. But right now... I'm gonna have to go with wrath."

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later."

"Doctor, I'm takin' your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears."

And, of course:
"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar."

The Extinguisher
2007-11-20, 07:53 PM
Richard Chesler: [Reading a piece of paper] The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club?
Narrator: [Voice-over] I'm half asleep again; I must've left the original in the copy machine.
Richard Chesler: The second rule of Fight Club - is this yours?
Narrator: Huh?
Richard Chesler: Pretend you're me, make a managerial decision: you find this, what would you do?
Narrator: [pauses] Well, I gotta tell you: I'd be very, very careful who you talk to about that, because the person who wrote that... is dangerous.
[Gets up from the chair]
Narrator: [Talking slowly] And this button-down, Oxford-cloth psycho might just snap, and then stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. This might be someone you've known for years. Someone very, very close to you.
Narrator: [Voice-over] Tyler's words coming out of my mouth.
[Snatches the piece of paper from boss' hands]
Narrator: [Voice-over] And I used to be such a nice guy.
Narrator: Or maybe you shouldn't bring me every little piece of trash you happen to pick up.

Fight Club is win.

Psychotic
2007-11-20, 10:07 PM
"If, on your journey, you should encounter God...God will be cut."
- Hattori Hanzo, Kill Bill vol. 1

"Oh man! I just shot Marvin in the face!"
- Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

"If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
- R'as Al Ghul, Batman Begins

"So this is how liberty dies.....With thunderous applause."
- Padmé Amidala, Star Wars Episode III

Semidi
2007-11-20, 10:49 PM
To continue with the Army of Darkness quotes:

"Hail to the king baby."

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-11-20, 10:50 PM
"I believed some words." Bogey, from Key Largo.

Dragonstar
2007-11-20, 10:52 PM
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
-Randal Graves, Clerks

I saw someone list Aragorn's speech earlier - here, I give you the opening from Patton (not nearly as good as the real speech, but this is a movie quote thread...)

"Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. Men, all this stuff you’ve heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball player, the toughest boxer. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.

Now, an Army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don’t know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating.

We have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit and the best men in the world. You know, by God I actually pity those poor bastards we’re going up against. By God, I do. We’re not just going to shoot the bastards, we’re going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We’re going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood. Shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face, you'll know what to do.

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We’re not holding anything. Let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose.

There’s one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home. And you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you’re sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what did you do in the great World War II, you won’t have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Louisiana."

Alright now, you sons-of-bitches, you know how I feel. Oh, and I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle – anytime, anywhere.

That’s all."

Cristo Meyers
2007-11-21, 08:25 AM

Can't remember the SW game:

"Great, a locked door. How much to you want to bet the keycard is with a trooper 3 floors up and on the other side of the complex?"

smellie_hippie
2007-11-21, 09:58 AM
"Good.... bad.... I'm the guy with the gun."
-Ash, Army of Darkness

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world... twould be a pity to damage yours."
-Wesley, The Princess Bride

Ryshan Ynrith
2007-11-21, 10:05 AM
Can't remember the SW game:

"Great, a locked door. How much to you want to bet the keycard is with a trooper 3 floors up and on the other side of the complex?"

One of the Dark Forces games, probably Jedi Knight.

Cristo Meyers
2007-11-21, 10:33 AM
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world... twould be a pity to damage yours."
-Wesley, The Princess Bride

Continuing the Cary Elwes appreciation, though he wasn't in this particular scene:

"We're Men, we're men in tiiii-ights. We roam around the forest looking for fights!

We're Men, we're men in tiii-ights! We rob from the rich, and give to the poor, that's right!

We may look like paaan-sys. But don't us wrong or else we'll put out your lights.

We're men, we're men in tights. Going around, protecting the people's rights!"

Telonius
2007-11-21, 11:38 AM
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play." - Joshua, "WarGames."

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-11-21, 01:14 PM
"I remember every detail: the germans wore grey, you wore blue," Rick Blaine, Casablanca.

"We're born crying. When we've cried enough, we die," Ran.

GimliFett
2007-11-21, 01:29 PM
Collected quotes from Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer), Tombstone:

"Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game, Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

"Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself."

"Weave a circle round him thrice, / And close your eyes with holy dread, / For he on honey-dew hath fed, / And drunk the milk of Paradise."

And one from Wyatt Earp (Kurt Russell):
"You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?"

2007-11-21, 03:50 PM
Riddick: Why don't you go check it out, Johns? You got the big gauge.
Johns: I'd rather piss glass. You go ****ing look.

- Pitch Black

Slevin: Why do they call him The Rabbi?
The Boss: Because he's a rabbi. His son is Yitzok. Yitzok the faery.
Slevin: Why do they call him The Faery?
The Boss: Because he's a faery!
Slevin: What, he has wings, sprinkles dust-
The Boss: He's a homosexual.
Slevin: Of course...

- Lucky # Slevin

Matt: Oh my god! You just killed that helicopter with a car!
McLane: I was out of bullets.

-Live Free or Die Hard

Beowulf: There are no more heroes. The Christ-God killed them. Now the people are the monsters, with only their weeping martyrs to look up to.

-Beowulf

2007-11-21, 03:53 PM
"Oh man! I just shot Marvin in the face!"
- Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Sorry about the double post, but I love the comeback to this:

"What the **** did you do that for!?"

"Look I didn't mean to shoot the son of a bitch the gun just went off, you must have hit a bump or something!"

"I didn't hit no damn bump man. Ah **** we gotta get off the road. You know cops tend to notice **** like cars drenched in ****ing blood!"

The Bonnie Situation is my favorite part of Pulp Fiction :smallbiggrin:

Sequinox
2007-11-21, 04:07 PM
IM ON FIRE!
YOUR NOT ON FIRE, RICKY BOBBY!
... ITS INVISIBLE FIRE!

Talladega Nights :smallbiggrin:

Jerthanis
2007-11-21, 05:12 PM
"Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people, Kal-El, if they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son." - Jor-El, Superman: the Movie

"This town needs an enema" - Joker, Batman: The Movie

dehro
2007-11-22, 05:00 PM
Good one but i can beat that.

and...

"Halloooo?" Shaun, Shaun of the dead

so sez you ... but watch this:

"good moaning" and "listen very carefully, I shall say this only once" and also "it is I, Leclerc" all three of them from 'Allo 'Allo, of course...

also...
"leeeerooy jenkinsssss" though this is of course not from a movie..
and
"what the hell is an alluminium falcon?" ...I'm quite sure that most forumites will recognize this :smallwink:

"When a man with a gun meets a man with a rifle, the man with the gun is a dead man !" from a fistfull of dollars if I'm not mistaken

Setra
2007-11-22, 08:11 PM
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"

dual_wielder
2007-11-22, 08:29 PM
"I'll count to five."
"Oh yeah? I'll count to three"
-Transformers of course

"Just like a w****, bringing a knife to a gun fight"
-The Sean Connery, The Untouchables

TheThan
2007-11-22, 10:40 PM
Some of my favorite speeches

The Babylon 5 mantra (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfNZnOp1iHU)

Sheridan’s apology speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8vA0ANTUM0)

jmaccabeus
2007-11-22, 11:53 PM
There'll probably be plenty of spoilers in here, so be prepared. That, and they're from my poor memory, so don't expect complete accuracy.

Ben-Hur

Ben-Hur: "Help me, and I will forget what I vowed with every stroke of that oar you chained me to."

Sheikh Ilderim: "One God I can understand, but one wife? It is not generous."

Esther: "Blood begets blood, as dog begets dog. Death breeds death, as the vulture breeds the vulture."

The Longest Day

German soldier: (trying to surrender) "Bitte... bitte..." [Please, please!]
Am. soldier: (shoots him) "I wonder what 'bitter bitter' means."

Archangel Yuki
2007-11-23, 01:50 AM
Really long, but this quote is awesome. Movie called Network. Watch it if you can.
Edward George Ruddy was the Chairman of the Board of the Union Broadcasting Systems and he died at eleven o'clock this morning of a heart condition! And woe is us! We're in a lot of trouble!!
So, a rich little man died. What does that got to do with the price of rice, right? And why is that woe to us?
Because you people and 62 million other Americans are listening to me right now.
Because less than 3 percent of you people read books.
Because less than 15 percent of you read newspapers.
Because the only truth you know is what you get over this tube.

Right now, there is a whole, an entire generation that never knew anything that didn't come out of this tube.
This tube is the gospel, the ultimate revelation.
This tube can make or break presidents, popes, prime ministers.
This tube is the most awesome goddamn force in the whole godless world.
And woe is us if it ever falls into the hands of the wrong people.
And that's why woe is us that Edward George Ruddy died.

Because this company is now in the hands of CCA -- the Communication Corporation of America. There's a new Chairman of the Board, a man called Frank Hackett, sitting in Mr. Ruddy's office on the 20th floor. And when the 12th largest company in the world controls the most awesome goddamn propaganda force in the whole godless world, who knows what **** will be peddled for truth on this network.

So, you listen to me. Listen to me!
Television is not the truth. Television's a goddamn amusement park. Television is a circus, a carnival, a traveling troupe of acrobats, storytellers, dancers, singers, jugglers, sideshow freaks, lion tamers, and football players.
We're in the boredom-killing business.

So if you want the Truth, go to God.
Go to your gurus.
Go to yourselves!
Because that's the only place you're ever gonna find any real truth.

But, man, you're never gonna get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you wanna hear. We lie like hell. We'll tell you that Kojak always gets the killer and that nobody ever gets cancer at Archie Bunker's house. And no matter how much trouble the hero is in, don't worry. Just look at your watch. At the end of the hour, he's gonna win. We'll tell you any **** you want to hear.
We deal in illusions, man. None of it is true!
But you people sit there, day after day, night after night -- all ages, colors, creeds.
We're all you know!
You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here!
You're beginning to think that the tube is reality and that your own lives are unreal.
You do whatever the tube tells you --
You dress like the tube.
You eat like the tube.
You raise your children like the tube.
You even think like the tube.
This is mass madness, you maniacs!
In God's name, you people are the real thing.
We are the illusion!

Dhavaer
2007-11-23, 07:15 AM
I haven't actually seen the movie yet, but:

"I am ripper, tearer, slasher. I am the teeth in the darkness, the talons in the night. Mine is strength, and lust, and power. I am Beowulf!"

JabberwockySupafly
2007-11-23, 08:45 AM
The below are all from Snatch:

Scene 1:

"What were you thinking of? Why the **** did you put Gorgeous George into a bare knuckle boxing match two days before he had to fight the Bomber?" - Turkish to Tommy

"He was half his size. He pantomimes a man that would reach his navel. I didn't expect him to get hurt." - Tommy's response

"You put the man into a bare knuckle boxing match. What the **** did you expect? a grease down and a shiatsu?!" - Turkish back to Tommy.

Scene 2:

"We have lost Gorgeous George." - Turkish to Bricktop

"Well, where did you lose him? He isn't a set of ****in car keys is he? And it's not as though he is incon****inspicuous is it?" - Bricktop's response

Scene 3:

"Why do they call him Boris the Bullet-Dodger?" -Cousin Avi
"Because he dodges bullets..." -Bullet Tooth Tony's response

I have a serious love for that movie.

On the note of Army of Darkness Quotes:

"Well, hello Mr. Fancypants."
"I may be bad, but I feel... good."
"Yeah. And maybe I'm a Chinese fighter pilot."

"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!" - Brian's Mother Life of Brian

"We can't risk another frontal assault. That rabbit is dynamite!" - Arthur Monty Python & The Holy Grail

"Shut up! Shut up you American. You always talk, you Americans, you talk and you talk and say 'Let me tell you something' and 'I just wanna say this', Well you're dead now, so shut up." - Death Monty Python & The Meaning of Life

"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to
soccer." - Loki Dogma

"What, like the back of a Volkswagen?" - Several characters in Mallrats (watch the movie if you don't get the quote)

I can keep going, but I won't for the sake of many people out there.

Fascisticide
2007-11-23, 11:56 AM

Family Guy's version
Lois (Princess Leia): Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?
Chris (Luke Skywalker): Well, stay here and rot, you stuck-up bitch!

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2007-11-23, 02:25 PM
The entire philosophical discussion in the Magnificent Seven is the single most complete statement of human existance ever captured on film. It also has the distinction of one of the two greatest last lines in film.

slight strider
2007-11-24, 04:44 AM
My favorite is...

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

Thats just awesome.

dehro
2007-11-24, 09:05 AM
"all right, I am the messiah..now, f..k off!"
"... ... ... how shall we f..K off my lord?"
(life of brian, monty pyton of course)

and a scene from "chicken run"... where they're taking off and one of the chickens gives instructions for emergency situations
she goes "..during an emergency landing assume the prescribed position" (a chicken is shown with her wings around her head, bending forward)...after which one of the mouses goes: "..and kiss your butt goodbye!"

It's stupid, I know, but that one always cracks me up

UncleWolf
2007-11-26, 02:15 PM
Get some rest pam you look tired. -Bourne Supremecy

Arioch
2007-11-27, 02:44 PM
I like funny quotes rather than dramatic ones, usually:

"WHY ARE WE YELLING!?" "LOUD NOISE!" from Anchorman

"Why make a trillion when we could make... billions? *evil laughter*" Dr Evil, Austin Powers 2

2007-11-27, 03:06 PM
"Whoops!" -Casey Jones, as he flips the switch to turn on the trash compactor Shredder just fell into.

Shraik
2007-11-27, 04:33 PM
King Arthur: So will you Join me in my quest to find the Holy grail?
Black Knight: *silence*
King Arthur: *brief Pause* You make me sad.

For some reason that is my favorite quote from Monty Python's Holy Grail

2007-11-28, 01:19 PM
Doc Holiday: Wyatt Earp is my good friend.

(I don't remember this guys name): Hell, I got lots of friends.

Holiday: *long pause*...I don't.

Lucia
2007-12-05, 10:46 PM
Comes to mind:
"Never underestimate the power of denial" from American Beauty
and
"Ora che ho perso la vista, ci vedo di piú" from Cinema Paradiso, actually heard it from a song by dream theater xD "i can see much clearer now i´m bliiind", i don´t know if it counts, i just saw that bit of the movie and can´t get it out of my head hehe

SpoonlessJedi
2007-12-07, 10:26 PM
"Right-handed men don't hold it with their left." -Gattaca

Arioch
2007-12-09, 05:04 AM
It's probably been done already, but it's a great quote:

“I am Ripper, Tearer, Slasher, Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night! Mine is Strength, and Lust, and Power! I AM BEOWULF!”