PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Thrall of Juiblex

Paragon
2021-11-28, 07:30 AM
Hey yall,

I'm trying to build a Multiclass3/Thrall of Juiblex8/Ur-Priest9 and I need to find the best combination of the first 3 levels of mutliclass which would get me :
3 BaB, +6 Fort & Escape Artist as a class skill (in at least one of them).

Any idea on how to optimize this ?

loky1109
2021-11-28, 08:17 AM
You are looking for Battle dancer from Dragon compendium.
No, it hasn't Fort.

Zarvistic
2021-11-28, 08:18 AM
Maybe swashbuckler/barbarian/warblade? A finesse build with pounce is nice with punishing stance and alter self. Moment of perfect mind is also good synergy with your high con. A swordsage level some time later could add shadow blade too.

Paragon
2021-11-28, 01:47 PM
Maybe swashbuckler/barbarian/warblade? A finesse build with pounce is nice with punishing stance and alter self. Moment of perfect mind is also good synergy with your high con. A swordsage level some time later could add shadow blade too.

Someone wisely told me that I could pick fighter for the Hit-and-Run tactics ACF. It's supposed to be for Drows but, RAW, you don't need to be :)

Akal Saris
2021-11-30, 11:55 PM
According to the handy thread 'Alternate ways for class skills' (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?491181-Alternative-ways-to-get-new-Class-skills&p=20885236#post20885236), the 'Slippery' feat (link in thread) gives Siv and bullywogs escape artist as a class skill. Sivs seem pretty cool (sneaky frog monks!), so my vote is for a Siv Barbarian 1/Warblade 1/Crusader 1 entry.

Troacctid
2021-12-01, 12:17 AM
Outside of third-party material, the only full BAB base classes with Escape Artist and good Fortitude are swashbuckler and generic warrior. In most campaigns, that means you are priced into swashbuckler.

Rebel7284
2021-12-01, 01:52 AM
Should have read the thread before doing all that research and only finding Swashbuckler (assuming generic classes are off the table.)

With that said, with Swashbuckler included, the rest of the build is pretty easy since most full BAB classes have good Fort saves.

- Barbarian for pounce and rage is fun (even if you rarely want Rage after Ur-Priest).
- Hit and Run fighter has been mentioned. Potentially combined with Sneak Attack variant if you want Craven.
- Crusader lets you heal and other nice maneuvers
- Warblade maneuvers are helpful too.
- Duskblade gives you arcane casting if you need it for anything
- Ranger Track and Favored Enemy are nifty and has excellent skills and skill points overall
- Dwarf Paragon, Half Orc Paragon and Orc Paragon all can be entered at any time and provide minor bonuses while offering +1 BAB and +2 Fort. Contingent on race, although a Half-Orc can technically ALSO take Orc Paragon.

Initiator classes are probably optimal since maneuvers are nice, but there are certainly options.

mattie_p
2021-12-01, 08:07 AM
There's very little reason to take it, but from a completionist standpoint the NPC Warrior class has full BAB and good Fort save.

Paragon
2021-12-01, 08:55 AM
According to the handy thread 'Alternate ways for class skills' (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?491181-Alternative-ways-to-get-new-Class-skills&p=20885236#post20885236), the 'Slippery' feat (link in thread) gives Siv and bullywogs escape artist as a class skill. Sivs seem pretty cool (sneaky frog monks!), so my vote is for a Siv Barbarian 1/Warblade 1/Crusader 1 entry.

Thanks ! I've found it but was unable to find those "Siv" thingies. Were they introduced somewhere else ?

Akal Saris
2021-12-01, 10:46 PM
From a quick check, Monsters of Faerun!

https://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/block/Siv

The site didn't list any LA, but a list elsewhere says LA+1 (maybe in an errata?) for both the Siv and the Bullywog, so if that's the case, looks like Swashbuckler is basically locked in unless you play with LA buyback.

daremetoidareyo
2021-12-01, 11:09 PM
The 3.5 update for faerun updated them to LA +1.

+2 dex -2cha, walk on water, exotic weapon pro net and siamgham, favored class monk, cold resist 5.

Why did they think that was worth a +1 LA?

Jervis
2021-12-02, 12:09 AM

+2 dex -2cha, walk on water, exotic weapon pro net and siamgham, favored class monk, cold resist 5.

Favored class monk with walk on water my dude, the anime factor alone is worth +3 LA /s

Beni-Kujaku
2021-12-02, 05:00 AM

The natural armor. There are very few creatures with natural armor and no LA, probably because they thought it would be too hard to hit at low levels.

Khedrac
2021-12-02, 06:51 AM
Also, they have walk on water and 5 cold resist with no balancing downsides, I expect both of these abilities were seen as near the top end of LA+0 on their own.