PDA

View Full Version : Harpoon?

Fumble Jack
2021-12-01, 03:23 PM
I think it's supposed to be a variation on the spear as I recall. I just need to know what book if any, Harpoon as a weapon for a PC is listed. Please and thank you. Afb at moment.

kaoskonfety
2021-12-01, 03:39 PM
I think it's supposed to be a variation on the spear as I recall. I just need to know what book if any, Harpoon as a weapon for a PC is listed. Please and thank you. Afb at moment.

Quick check there are no official 5e materials for a harpoon (someone may correct me).

the MM has at least one critter with an harpoon, the Marrow, this would probably fairly easy to re-tool if you need:

Harpoon: Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6) piercing damage. If the target is a Huge or smaller creature, it must succeed on a Strength contest against the merrow or be pulled up to 20 feet toward the merrow.

da newt
2021-12-01, 03:52 PM
Of note the merrow is a large creature w/ 18 ST.

If you would like to homebrew a harpoon, I'd suggest using a spear + a 50' length of silk rope = harpoon. Fashion a barbed tip, same range and damage as a thrown spear and then athletics contest to pull target toward you 15'/action & they can break free using an action to dislodge the harpoon tip.

Fumble Jack
2021-12-02, 03:16 PM
For some reason I thought at least Ghosts of Saltmarsh would've had it. Thank you for your input everyone.

Arkhios
2021-12-04, 08:28 AM
Trident is probably the best equivalent for a harpoon, and trident already has stats in PHB.