PDA

View Full Version : LF Magic Item: Amulet of Life

Yogibear41
2021-12-03, 04:20 AM
found a thing on the internet talking about a magic item Amulet of Life from an eberron book, that come in least, lesser, and greater varieties, but can't seem to find the item, anyone know what book this item is in?

Morof Stonehands
2021-12-03, 10:55 AM
I have looked through my treasure generator, which contains all items (as far as I'm aware). I don't see anything like what is described in that page. And searching for info from the description of the item brings back nothing as well.

Unless it's some from some super obscure web page that can only be found on an archive, I think it might be homebrew.

Shaurmiath
2021-12-03, 01:47 PM
I found reference to an Amulet of Life from Dragon 381, but that appears to be 4e content.

Can you give us any more information, like roughly what this item is supposed to do? We might have better luck finding it that way.

Yogibear41
2021-12-03, 03:07 PM
It says they are made by clerics of the path of light. Each provides immunities to conditions least is diseae, lesser is a bunch of things like insanity, greater is immunity to ability damage and drain negative levels and death effects

Tzardok
2021-12-03, 03:14 PM
The only place I found that thing is this web site here (http://marksworld.zeemer.com/files/Dragonshard%20Items.html), but it doesn't mention any sources.

Wombles
2021-12-03, 03:20 PM
It says they are made by clerics of the path of light. Each provides immunities to conditions least is diseae, lesser is a bunch of things like insanity, greater is immunity to ability damage and drain negative levels and death effects

This almost sounds more like an armor crystal from Magic Item compendium

Shaurmiath
2021-12-03, 03:44 PM
The only place I found that thing is this web site here, but it doesn't mention any sources.

Yeah, that is the only thing I was able to find as well. I have searched all my Eberron sourcebooks; I've been able to find almost all the other items on that page, but I can't even find a passing reference to that item anywhere on the internet. It seems like it might be some kind of homebrew thing for that particular site. The only references to that item in 3.5 are this page and that one.

My advice as far as using it would be to link the page to the DM and see if they think it's something they want to include.

Lilapop
2021-12-03, 04:16 PM
https://www.gamebanshee.com/neverwinternights/equipment/images/greateramuletofhealth.jpg
Lore doesn't fit, but it could be a backtranslation of this one. Can you link the original discussion you mentioned? Maybe that has some more clues, like the fact that "path of light" as a cleric mechanic is not a thing in 3rd, 4th or 5th as far as I can tell.

Shaurmiath
2021-12-03, 04:21 PM
Lore doesn't fit, but it could be a backtranslation of this one. Can you link the original discussion you mentioned? Maybe that has some more clues, like the fact that "path of light" as a cleric mechanic is not a thing in 3rd, 4th or 5th as far as I can tell.

The "Path of Light" is what the Kalashtar followers of Il Yannah use to refer to their... philosophy of sorts. It's just lore, not a mechanic, afaik.

Tzardok
2021-12-03, 04:22 PM
https://www.gamebanshee.com/neverwinternights/equipment/images/greateramuletofhealth.jpg

The Path of Light is an Eberron religion.

Shaurmiath
2021-12-03, 04:27 PM
I have most of the main Eberron sourcebooks for 3.5; does anyone know if there is a module or something that deals with the Kalashtar, Il Yannah, or The Path of Light? I feel like if it's in any of the books, that might be the best place to look.

Yogibear41
2021-12-03, 06:26 PM
The only place I found that thing is this web site here (http://marksworld.zeemer.com/files/Dragonshard%20Items.html), but it doesn't mention any sources.

This is the same place I found it. I have found every other item I have looked for on the list so it makes me think its a real item
, the question is just where.

Beni-Kujaku
2021-12-04, 03:31 AM
This is the same place I found it. I have found every other item I have looked for on the list so it makes me think its a real item
, the question is just where.

While I can google the start of other items' description and get a few references, the beginning of AoL's description only goes back to this website. I'm pretty sure it's homebrew or converted from a non 3.x source.

loky1109
2021-12-04, 05:49 AM
Maybe from some PC game?

AnonJr
2021-12-04, 09:41 PM
It looks right for an Eberron thing, I suspect it's from a Dragon Mag/Dungeon article somewhere. Unfortunately, I don't really have a good place to search through those. I just did a quick check through the Eberron books and adventure modules I have and didn't come across it.