PDA

View Full Version : Across the Spider-Verse Part One, trailer first look

Ramza00
2021-12-04, 08:45 PM
https://youtu.be/BbXJ3_AQE_o

Am I getting a Miles Movie Trilogy 🎥 🍿 ?

Berserk Mecha
2021-12-04, 08:57 PM
No. We are getting a Miles movie trilogy.

That said, man, Gwen really needs to learn to respect people's privacy.

JNAProductions
2021-12-04, 09:01 PM
Miles will never be ungrounded.

Also, HYPE! HYPE HYPE HYYYYPE!

Ramza00
2021-12-04, 09:22 PM
No. We are getting a Miles movie trilogy.

Yes WE! :smallsmile::smallamused:

Kareeah_Indaga
2021-12-04, 09:24 PM
Is that Miguel O’Hara near the end?

Also I would like to say it’s refreshing that they’re being up front about the fact there will be cliffhanging. :smalltongue:

GloatingSwine
2021-12-04, 09:36 PM
Is that Miguel O’Hara near the end?

Also I would like to say it’s refreshing that they’re being up front about the fact there will be cliffhanging. :smalltongue:

Yes.

He was in the post-credits scene last time, after all.

Ramza00
2021-12-04, 09:37 PM
My brain is still blue screening due to Hype. Miles is only 10 years old, and now we are getting at least 3 movies 🥰😎

Lord Raziere
2021-12-04, 09:49 PM
YOU HAVE MY INTEREST! I'm eagerly anticipating this.

Palanan
2021-12-04, 10:25 PM
Loved every second of this.

Confused in places, and no idea who Miguel O'Hara is, but still really looking forward to it.

JadedDM
2021-12-04, 10:47 PM
Confused in places, and no idea who Miguel O'Hara is, but still really looking forward to it.

This guy:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WDZ1noGxSMU/mqdefault.jpg

Ramza00
2021-12-04, 10:54 PM
Loved every second of this.

Batman Beyond before Batman Beyond, Spider-Man 2099 which was its own series from 1992 to 1996 which was the height of comic sales before the crash.

Was relaunched with two different volumes from 2014 to 2017. Also in crossovers but not many. He is Mexican/Irish-American in this future romp inspired by Blade Runner and lots of other punk sources.

https://youtu.be/cy1YgqhL_qs

This “interesting person 1” in the credits, (his AI called him Miguel), is voiced by Oscar Issac and I am editing this reply for he was just confirmed to return in the movie we just got the first look for 🥳

Psyren
2021-12-06, 12:16 AM
I always thought Spider-Gwen was the most interesting rendition of Gwen that Marvel has done (yes, I definitely prefer her to Gwenpool or the fridged original) so color me interested.

Also, Miles is Miles and therefore cool :smallsmile: and hopefully we get more Olivia Octavius?

Ramza00
2021-12-06, 12:12 PM
I always thought Spider-Gwen was the most interesting rendition of Gwen that Marvel has done (yes, I definitely prefer her to Gwenpool or the fridged original) so color me interested.

Also, Miles is Miles and therefore cool :smallsmile: and hopefully we get more Olivia Octavius?

Gwenpool is awesome and is not a Spider-Character, it is a pun / similar name of a unrelated character.

The original Gwen was a horrid character, who made Jean Grey look “nice” in comparison.

Psyren
2021-12-06, 01:59 PM
Gwenpool is awesome and is not a Spider-Character, it is a pun / similar name of a unrelated character.

Oh my bad, I genuinely thought she was another alternate of Gwen Stacey.

The original Gwen was a horrid character, who made Jean Grey look “nice” in comparison.

I don't blame her for that, early Marvel had some pretty questionable / misogynist writing even for its heroines (see Sue Storm for example) and early Gwen was a tier below even that as just a love interest/damsel.

Millstone85
2021-12-06, 05:55 PM
Alright, alright, it is decided, tomorrow I will at long last watch the first Spiderverse movie. I bought the disc today.

Oh my bad, I genuinely thought she was another alternate of Gwen Stacey.IIRC, Gwenpool first appeared as part of a series of covers that put Gwen Stacy in various superhero costumes. Another of these covers introduced Spider-Gwen.

But while Spider-Gwen was then given a story as an alternate Gwen Stacy, for Gwenpool's story it was decided that she was actually a completely different girl named Gwen Poole.

Fyraltari
2021-12-06, 06:02 PM
Well, this looks promising. Makes sense they'd do another one after the success of the first.

hopefully we get more Olivia Octavius?

She took a bus to the face, she's dead. Then again, Spider-Gwen was fighting an alternate Doc Ock when she got sucked into Miles' universe.

Ramza00
2021-12-06, 06:49 PM
She took a bus to the face, she's dead. Then again, Spider-Gwen was fighting an alternate Doc Ock when she got sucked into Miles' universe.

Being a Kathryn Hahn character means you get DR 30 / flying vehicles, we know this via WandaVison.

Palanan
2021-12-06, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Ramza00
Being a Kathryn Hahn character means you get DR 30 / flying vehicles, we know this via WandaVison.

I would hand-code a Like button for this one, if only I had the skills.

Psyren
2021-12-07, 02:32 AM
I think it was a truck - but come on, that was definitely a 1 on the scale (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SortingAlgorithmOfDeadness)

Millstone85
2021-12-07, 04:51 PM
Alright, alright, it is decided, tomorrow I will at long last watch the first Spiderverse movie. I bought the disc today.And done. This movie has got a really bad case of whispered dialogues and loud music, though maybe that's just the French version. It is also very flashy and overloaded in its visuals. Still, I liked the characters and the story. Looking forward to the sequel.

Palanan
2021-12-08, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Millstone85
This movie has got a really bad case of whispered dialogues and loud music, though maybe that's just the French version.

Dialogue and score were perfectly balanced in the original. Definitely sounds like a problem with the French remix.

Peelee
2021-12-08, 10:01 AM
Yes.

He was in the post-credits scene last time, after all.
I'm so sick of the stinger fad and can't wait for it to finally die. If you have more **** to put in the movie, then put it in the ****ing movie. Sometimes it can be cleverly done, like Will Ferrell singing in-character over the credits of The Producers, or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang directly talking to people who watch the credits (which also fits in with the specific style that movie went for) but what is wrong with just moving the goddamn scene forward instead of the metaphorically masturbatory "ohhh you gotta wait through five minutes of credits so that you can see a five second shot of a bald head to tease the next movie even though we damn well know you people are going to see it anyway".

Batman Beyond before Batman Beyond
Was it as good as Batman Beyond? Because that sounds pretty awesome.

Ramza00
2021-12-08, 12:35 PM
Was it as good as Batman Beyond? Because that sounds pretty awesome.

No it was not as good. It was very 90s, very intense, other people loved it but it was not for me. That said there is a core / kernel there, so I bet it can be remixed with only 5% new and it can be a thing that has staying power. Aka perfect for a Spider-Verse movie or two leading to comics that come after.

GloatingSwine
2021-12-08, 01:27 PM
I'm so sick of the stinger fad and can't wait for it to finally die. If you have more **** to put in the movie, then put it in the ****ing movie.

They tried that in Batman vs. Superman.

It sucked and everyone hated it. (Like for its own sake not just for all of the Batman vs. Superman reasons, it was basically "stop the movie for 10 minutes to play some trailers).

Post-credits scenes aren't for things that are part of the movie, they're a way to reinvent trailers in a way people actually want to watch them not keep looking at their phones until they've gone away.

Peelee
2021-12-08, 05:51 PM
They tried that in Batman vs. Superman..... it was basically "stop the movie for 10 minutes to play some trailers).

Are Marvel stingers ten minutes? Because maybe that was the problem there. Along with DC's general inability to make things people like to start with.

Psyren
2021-12-10, 09:12 AM
They tried that in Batman vs. Superman.

It sucked and everyone hated it. (Like for its own sake not just for all of the Batman vs. Superman reasons, it was basically "stop the movie for 10 minutes to play some trailers).

Post-credits scenes aren't for things that are part of the movie, they're a way to reinvent trailers in a way people actually want to watch them not keep looking at their phones until they've gone away.

They also tried it in Amazing Spiderman 2, having Harry walk through the Hall of Eventual Sinister Six Sequel Whenever We Come Up With An Idea For That. It flopped there too.

I understand not liking post-credits-scenes-as-franchise-management - but if you must have franchise management (and per the shareholders, we must), all the alternatives are worse.