PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Airsoft guns

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-11-19, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about this Airsoft Gun I wanted, is 200 fps a good gun? Or at least descent? I want it for the "Sport"(If thats what they call it) and my friend told me that if its good, its probally over 100 dollars. This is the gun is, if you were wondering.
The Gun (http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftAssaultRifleGunElectricZXN16LT.html)

Tekraen
2007-11-19, 03:46 PM
IIRC, 200fps is pretty basic for an airsoft gun. Fast enough to leave a welt, but not much more than that. It'll serve for what it's designed for, midrange and CQB.

Desidus
2007-11-19, 04:15 PM
No. Do not get. Bad. Burn. Heretic.

Ok, now back to normal sentences. I used to help run a small team in south florida before we broke up, and can tell you, no, do not purchase that gun. I have some cheap ones like that, and while they get the idea across (that is, shoot plastic in a direction other than behind you), they're absolutely worthless at ranges further than 10 yards. Not to mention at that price, and with that brand, your airsoft "gun" will break in a month, tops.

If you really want to not spend the money, but still want a semi-decent gun, I'd say go with an ICS brand or, if you can find one, a cheap Tokyo Marui. I personally use mostly Classic Army, but I know you can find pretty decent TM's out there for good prices, and I've not heard too many complaints about ICS.

Question is, do you know what kind of areas you'll be playing in? If they're not big wooded areas and you want a CQB type thing, you can generally go with cheaper, since you won't require as much power (though I'd still sooner burn that one you linked to than use it, but I'm slightly elitist in my spending, even though I have no money).

Check ebay, as odd as that sounds, you can usually find good deals on there (I know a guy who purchased a used TM MP5k-pdw that had been used in some movie for just over $100, but that was pure luck).

Feel free to ask if need be, I know far more than is healthy about this, but mine is just one opinion

Carrion_Humanoid
2007-11-19, 06:24 PM
What makes it bad? What will break? I've been known for taking things apart and making them better or at least function as well as they did before if I do not get bored in the process.