PDA

View Full Version : It Really Sucks That I Lost My Chart

Lord Shplane
2007-11-19, 05:04 PM
Holy crap, when did Uncharted come out? I walked into Gamestop and they had it on the shelves.

I thought it didn't come out until early '08.

Ranis
2007-11-19, 07:15 PM
....what's Uncharted?

Lord Shplane
2007-11-19, 07:32 PM
....what's Uncharted?

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

For the PS3. You play as a descendent of Sir Francis Drake who found a map or something like that and is looking for his ancestor's treasure. I played the demo, and it was really awesome. I've wanted the game since then.

So am I the only one surprised that it's out already? Or am I maybe the only one who cares about this game?

Daze
2007-11-19, 07:46 PM
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

For the PS3. You play as a descendent of Sir Francis Drake who found a map or something like that and is looking for his ancestor's treasure. I played the demo, and it was really awesome. I've wanted the game since then.

So am I the only one surprised that it's out already? Or am I maybe the only one who cares about this game?

surprised me too.. I coulda sworn they said a "future release" during E3.

But I'm glad its out... PS3 is my system of choice, more games the merrier.

Now if they'll just finish the darn Home ... that's gonna seriously rock. I got plans for my house already ;)

Lord Shplane
2007-11-19, 08:31 PM

Now if they'll just finish the darn Home ... that's gonna seriously rock. I got plans for my house already ;)

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Home myself.

Of course, the big seller for the PS3 with me was FFXIII. That and White Knight Chronicles.

Raiser Blade
2007-11-20, 04:21 PM

See there's you problem. I'm sorry but we're gonna have to operate.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dwr0fW_Cepw&feature=related
@^ Has one instance of language.

Sneak
2007-11-20, 04:24 PM
According to Amazon, it came out yesterday.

Cool. When I eventually pick up a PS3, I'll check it out.

Lord Shplane
2007-11-20, 04:54 PM
I find it hilarious that the guy in that song made fun of Sony's online.

1: It's free.
2: Developers have more freedom with it. XBOX Live is too restrictive.
3: Home
4: HOME
5: ****ING HOME
6: It's still free.
7: In fact, let's look at the prices here, because there's something interesting that I thought of.

Live costs $50 a year, right? Well, I'm guessing that the current generation of consoles is going to last from between 5-10 years.

At 5 years, you'll have paid $250. That puts the cheapest 360 at the same price as the most expensive PS3. If it lasts all the way to 10 years, that puts the price at an insane $500, making it cost $750 for the core system. The PS3, online, hardrive and all, costs either $399 or $499, depending on whether you get the 40GB, 60GB (Recommended by me) or 80GB. So unless you don't want to play online games, the PS3 actually costs less.

And I have yet to see anything that really sets Live apart from PlayStation Network, except maybe for achievements, but we're gettin "Trophies", which are basically the same thing, with Home.

Ranis
2007-11-20, 07:28 PM
The only difference between Sony's online Home-thing and Xbox Live is that the only difference between the Silver (free), which is the capability to download content off of XBL, and Gold ($50/year), which actually lets you play with people. You get to decorate a house....thing....for free. Whoo. 360 achievements are free too.

I suspect that Microsoft can get away with charging people to play online with others is the simple fact that Microsoft games are actually worth playing with other people online.

Oh, and that whole "developers having more freedom with it?" Good luck trying to find developers that can actually mess with the PS3's ridiculously complicated hardware quickly enough to keep up with the rest of the industry.

Lord Shplane
2007-11-20, 08:13 PM
Halo. That's the only good online multiplayer game for the 360. And it's an FPS, so it's the same as playing any other FPS. Gears is horrible on multiplayer (I've played it, it's awful), and the only other really, really good games it has right now are Mass Effect and Bioshock.

I'd rather play Resistance and Warhawk for free while I wait on Killzone 2 than pay $50 just to play Halo.

Oh, and that whole "developers having more freedom with it?" Good luck trying to find developers that can actually mess with the PS3's ridiculously complicated hardware quickly enough to keep up with the rest of the industry.

Insomniac's doing fine. Square-Enix doesn't look to be having any problems. Whoever made Uncharted got it down. Same for the people who made Folklore. Sucker Punch, Kojima Productions, Level 5...

Do I need to go on? I don't think I do.

Ranis
2007-11-20, 10:20 PM
In respect to not derail this thread further, I will not comment any further.

But I want to. Badly.

Lord Shplane
2007-11-20, 10:54 PM
Really though, it's not that I dislike the 360 or anything. I just like the PS3 more. And when someone starts **** about it, I'll start **** back.

I admit that the 360 has its uses, and that the PS3 has its faults. Hopefully others can admit the same thing about their systems.

Yeah though, I agree. It's not worth derailing the thread over.