PDA

View Full Version : Oneshot for liv 20 with elven accuracy

Jacco
2021-12-09, 11:51 AM
Hello everyone,

i'm going to start a oneshot for level 20. I'd like to focus my character on elven accuracy. So I'm looking for a build that uses(abuse:biggrin:) that talent to its fullest potential. All books are allowed.

I thought of a combination of arcane trick/champ 17/3 to use shadowblade and give me an advantage every turn with crit chance on 19 and 20.

More options?

Kenny_Snoggins
2021-12-09, 11:59 AM
Hello everyone,

i'm going to start a oneshot for level 20. I'd like to focus my character on elven accuracy. So I'm looking for a build that uses(abuse:biggrin:) that talent to its fullest potential. All books are allowed.

I thought of a combination of arcane trick/champ 17/3 to use shadowblade and give me an advantage every turn with crit chance on 19 and 20.

More options?

I would say make sure you're a hexblade, so you get the multiple attack rolls of eldritch blast, and can increase your crit range to 19-20 with the curse, and add damage riders that will also trigger on a crit. You can use the darkness devilsight combo if you don't have another way of getting advantage, although at level 20 you often do. Either way its a 2 level dip that really powers up any crit-fish build. Triple Advantage, Crit on 19-20, with 4 beams per turn, or 8 beams with illusionists bracers giving almost a guaranteed crit.

Jacco
2021-12-09, 05:03 PM
I would say make sure you're a hexblade, so you get the multiple attack rolls of eldritch blast, and can increase your crit range to 19-20 with the curse, and add damage riders that will also trigger on a crit. You can use the darkness devilsight combo if you don't have another way of getting advantage, although at level 20 you often do. Either way its a 2 level dip that really powers up any crit-fish build. Triple Advantage, Crit on 19-20, with 4 beams per turn, or 8 beams with illusionists bracers giving almost a guaranteed crit.

I forgot to mention it but i'd like going melee.

Hawk7915
2021-12-09, 05:07 PM
Elf Fighter (Samurai) 14 would get to make an ungodly number of attacks, most at super advantage, for at least the first round of each encounter. Sharpshooter or GWM would help capitalize on all these attacks. You could just go straight Fighter 20 if you wanted 5 freakin' attacks, but there's lots of room to dip there for more dice and more nonsense. Hexblade, in particular, is a great dip for 19/20 crit range with a bit of patience, but Paladin, Rogue, or Ranger throw in lots of extra dice.

Mastikator
2021-12-09, 05:32 PM
Race: half elf (+2 charisma, +1 str, +1 con)
starting stats
str 14
dex 10
con 15
int 10
wis 10
cha 17

Level 4 Warlock Hexblade
Level 12 paladin Vengence
Level 4 fighter Echo knight

ASIs: warlock: take elven accuracy (charisma), Fighter: +2 charisma, Paladin 4,8,12 take resilliance con, then +2 con and GWM

Stats:
str: 14
dex: 10
con: 18
int: 10
wis: 10
cha: 20

Against big targets you have two options: vow of enmity or hexblades's curse, with the latter you crit on 19 and 20. Either is bonus action.
The point is that you make attack action, activate Echo Knight Unleash Incarnation, then action surge and do it again. Making a total of 6 attacks. Each attack will have super advantage and deal: 2d6 (weapon) +1d8 (improved smite) +1 (IPW) + 10 (GWM) + 5 (CHA) x 6
With vow it's 165, with hexblade's curse it's 201. On the first turn. Assuming no smites, you'll smite some ~28% of the attacks with hexblade's and elven accuracy, so smite on crits. You can take down adult red dragons on round 1 if you are lucky.

Foxydono
2021-12-09, 05:47 PM
The best build for EA in my opinion is a valor bard 18 with 2 levels of hexblade warlock. Pick simulacrum, foresight and greater steed. You and your steed almost always have triple advantage. Moreover, you have a clone which can do the same!

But wait, did someone say haste? It is also extremely SAD, so you can put dex and con at 14, take EA, +2 Cha and two other feats. Warcaster is probably one of them, but there are plenty of good options. Of course Hexblade curse is a given to boost your crit range.

If all else fails, you can always you cast EB and do decent damage without trying.

Kenny_Snoggins
2021-12-09, 06:01 PM
I forgot to mention it but i'd like going melee.

IDK for sure, but if you told your DM that you wanted to homebrew Eldritch Blast to have a max range of 15' but no disadvantage when in a threatened square, I'm 99% sure he would be down.

Bobthewizard
2021-12-10, 09:17 AM
Echo knight 3/ Hexblade 17. I called it the Templar of Time (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24504068&postcount=438).

Elven accuracy, great weapon master, foresight, hex, hexblade's curse, thirsting blade, eldritch smite, lifedrinker, unleash incarnation and action surge for incredible nova. Plus all the spells of a level 17 warlock.

Eldariel
2021-12-11, 08:17 AM
Bladesinger 17/Battlesmith 3 abusing Shapechange into e.g. Marilith gives you 7 attacks all eligible for EA with few nice extra dice. And you have reaction each turn. Far as level 20 damage all day, this is pretty darn hard to beat (your attack bonus is only +11 without magic items, but with Elven Accuracy and Extended Foresight that's pretty good).

Metamagic Adept for Extend Spell is a must. Gives you Foresight for 16 hours, 48 hours of Mind Blank and then rest for 2 hours of Shapechange. And your Simulacrum can Extend Foresight you too.

At the end of Shapechange you can also turn into a Deva and use Change Shape to assume Gloom Weaver shape that gives you 3 attacks at +4d12 Necrotic one of which is also Booming Blade for +3d8 more all day.

All of this is just sweet and Bladesong gives you 6/day super-AC and Int to all damage and Concentration again.

kazaryu
2021-12-11, 08:28 AM
Hello everyone,

More options?

i mean, if you want melee, then you want GWM IMO. some combination of hexblade 1, fighter 11 +8 extra levels somewhere..possibly barbarian? you can get 3 attacks per attack action with GWM. barbarian lets you reckless for guaranteed advantage, maybe go echo knight for the extra attack. 4 atacks with triple advantage dealing 2d6+str+rage+10 each? could be pretty lit.