PDA

View Full Version : Con increasing feats

cullynthedwarf
2021-12-11, 08:42 PM
Hey there.

I'm currently playing a Aasimar Storm Priest and last game we leveled and I have an ASI/feat coming to me. My con is odd and as a semi-squishy I would like more HP. My AC is very good for a mage (low 20s) hence the Semi-squishy comment above.

If any one has a suggestion to share I would be grateful

Bobthewizard
2021-12-11, 08:47 PM
Here's a list of half-feats (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24674538&postcount=1) by ability.

Resilient CON if you don't have proficiency in CON. If you do, then Aberrant dragonmark is probably the best one for CON if it's allowed, but maybe another one fits your character better.

Gurgeh
2021-12-11, 09:17 PM
If none of the constitution-boosting half-feats appeal to you, remember that you also have the option of taking two separate +1 increases for an ASI; you could then top off your newly-odd stat with a different half-feat down the line.

Khrysaes
2021-12-12, 07:40 AM
Here's a list of half-feats (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24674538&postcount=1) by ability.

Of this list, given your race, I would suggest

Most versatile
Resilient Con
Skilled Expert

Build dependent
Crusher
Tavern Brawler

if allowed:
Aberrant Dragon Mark

Depending on your build.

That said, the advice to take +1 con, +1 another stat and take a half feat for that stat is good too.

Pex
2021-12-12, 10:00 AM
There's also the Tough feat. It doesn't increase your CO, but it will increase your hit points.

diplomancer
2021-12-12, 10:58 AM
If you can convince your DM to take "Celestial Constitution", just a re-skinned "Infernal Constitution" from Tieflings (specially since Tieflings and Aasimar are counterparts), that'd also be an interesting option.

But for any spellcaster, unless you already have Proficiency in Con saves, nothing is as good as Res (Con), though Infernal Constitution could give it a run for its money in some campaigns.

cullynthedwarf
2021-12-12, 02:57 PM
Sorc/cleric build. I rolled well on my stats 18/16/14 highest. My CON was increased by one due to race which is why I'm looking for CON specific to bring it back to an even

So yes I do have profiency in both CHA and CON.

Khrysaes
2021-12-12, 03:03 PM
Sorc/cleric build. I rolled well on my stats 18/16/14 highest. My CON was increased by one due to race which is why I'm looking for CON specific to bring it back to an even

So yes I do have profiency in both CHA and CON.

Probably would go for +1 con/+1 cha then.
Then maybe a +1 Cha Fey Touched feat to bring your Cha to 20, if it isn't already
I would do wisdom or Dex after Cha,
So +1 con/+1 wis, +1 Resilient Wisdom could work.