PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Gloom/champion archer build

tomjon
2021-12-12, 02:39 PM
Quick question.

Have a 4 ranger/5 champion archer. Question is the pros and cons of continuing with fighter or grab 3 levels of rouge assassin. He an elf with elven accuracy and sharp shooter feats.

Thanks for your help.

follacchioso
2021-12-12, 04:57 PM
Well the Champion's 7th level feature is not so great, while 3 levels of Rogue give you a lot of great stuff: cunning action, skills and expertise, steady aim which works great with improved critical and Elven Accuracy. You lose out a feat, but I would go for the rogue levels.

Rolero
2021-12-13, 04:54 AM
One more level in Champion can be good if only for the extra ASI, then, go Rogue all the way. I would, however, recommend going into Scout. You get extra skills and expertise and the reaction ability to move away from melee is great for an archer.

Khrysaes
2021-12-13, 05:03 AM
One more level in Champion can be good if only for the extra ASI, then, go Rogue all the way. I would, however, recommend going into Scout. You get extra skills and expertise and the reaction ability to move away from melee is great for an archer.

I agree with this.

Go to 6 Fighter, for the ASI.

Then go Rogue.

UNLESS you really want the rogue level 11 ability Reliable talent at character level 20. But you wait till 20 to get it.

I would argue that Scout is not the only good one, but I wouldn't go assassin. My favorite is actually the inquisitive.