PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Style / Feat Choices for a Psi Warrior

Rashagar
2021-12-13, 03:05 PM
Hi all,

I've got a Rogue Fighter for an upcoming campaign that I'm very excited to play from a flavour/character perspective.
We'll be starting from level 1, race is set, I'm fairly sure I'll be starting as Rogue 1 for the extra skill and then taking Psi Warrior for the rest of the campaign. Expertise in Athletics (Str 12 + Expertise is basically on par with Str as primary stat + Normal Prof, which is presumably good enough for if I ever want it)

However: Is there any feats and/or fighting style that pairs particularly well with a Psi Warrior? (Staying Psi Warrior at least until Fighter 7 or more likely 8 assuming it goes on that long)

As a character I kind of want them to feel physically oppressive on the battlefield while still being quite nimble.

At the moment I've been thinking just starting with two-weapon fighting until my first feat, then... -> ???? -> profit

Shield Master + Dueling?
Fighting Initiate (Dueling) + Thrown Style? (not sure how/if two-weapon fighting would work with throwing)
Martial Adept + Superior Technique Style? (seems like a steep cost but also potentially fun to have both psi dice and maneuvers?)
Or doubling down on the dual wielding with the feat?

Telekinetic?
Mobile?
Gift of The Chromatic/Gem Dragon?

Interception to theoretically save psi dice?
Blind Fighting despite having no way to capitalise on it outside of it being ridiculously cool?

It's not like I have to make a decision any time soon, but thinking about it is fun and I just wondered if there was anyone who'd tried any of the above (or something else that I haven't thought of) and how they'd found it, what they'd recommend or do differently etc.