PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Weird incessant cellphone discharge

gnomish dwelf
2021-12-14, 07:25 AM
My cell phone keeps losing energy even when its shut down and connected to the main electricity supply

Yora
2021-12-14, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a battery issue.

What about not turning it off when it's charging?

gnomish dwelf
2021-12-14, 08:38 AM
I was told it was proabbly dirty and tried cleaning it, but it was clean, i tried shutting it off only when I got desperate, but I have been charging it without turning it off too

Batcathat
2021-12-14, 10:51 AM
Is the phone old? In my experience batteries reach a point where the basically stop working (though I don't think I've ever encountered one that actually lost energy while charging).

gnomish dwelf
2021-12-14, 12:59 PM
Is the phone old? In my experience batteries reach a point where the basically stop working (though I don't think I've ever encountered one that actually lost energy while charging).

I don't like new models and I bought it a few years back... I think I will need to take it to someone to repair it

Excession
2021-12-18, 01:47 AM
Depending on the phone and age, replacing the battery can be anything from easy to do yourself, to requiring a professional, to "we can't get parts for this". You could try a Google or YouTube search for the model to see if there are any instructions for DIY.

It would also be worth trying with a different charger.

gnomish dwelf
2021-12-18, 04:54 AM
well, it seems it was the charger's cable, I replaced it again and it worked.

Bohandas
2021-12-18, 01:22 PM
well, it seems it was the charger's cable, I replaced it again and it worked.

It could still be the USB port as well. I had an old phone that would only charge or transfer data through certain cables, even though the ones that it wouldn't use worked fine with other devices

gnomish dwelf
2021-12-18, 10:34 PM
It could still be the USB port as well. I had an old phone that would only charge or transfer data through certain cables, even though the ones that it wouldn't use worked fine with other devices

thanks i gonna bear it in mind if need be