PDA

View Full Version : Muting Threads

ziproot
2021-12-14, 05:10 PM
Hi, is there a way to mute threads? As in, have the forum show up as "unread" if only the muted threads are unread? I don't care about the MITD thread but do care about the others, and I don't want it to be considered "unread" if that's the only thread that's unread. If not, that's OK, I can just click through to the end every time. Thanks!

Peelee
2021-12-14, 05:45 PM
Hi, is there a way to mute threads? As in, have the forum show up as "unread" if only the muted threads are unread? I don't care about the MITD thread but do care about the others, and I don't want it to be considered "unread" if that's the only thread that's unread. If not, that's OK, I can just click through to the end every time. Thanks!

You could mark threads/forums you don't care about as read by double clicking the icon next to it (the circle/checkmark icon in a specific forum/subforum, like here (https://forums.giantitp.com/forumdisplay.php?22-The-Order-of-the-Stick)), or the footprint icon in the main forum view here (https://forums.giantitp.com/forum.php)). Would that help, or are you looking for something different?

ziproot
2021-12-14, 06:28 PM
That was not what I was looking for. I was looking for a way for a thread to never show as green until unmuted. However, I didn't know you could mark a thread as read by double clicking and your advice does help.

EDIT: It works for forums as a whole but it doesn't seem to work for individual threads.

Peelee
2021-12-14, 06:51 PM
That was not what I was looking for. I was looking for a way for a thread to never show as green until unmuted. However, I didn't know you could mark a thread as read by double clicking and your advice does help.

EDIT: It works for forums as a whole but it doesn't seem to work for individual threads.

Ah, sorry. I wasn't sure if it did or not for individual threads, and can't check.

ziproot
2021-12-14, 09:57 PM
Anyways, is it possible to set a thread as "muted" or no?

Grey_Wolf_c
2021-12-15, 08:32 AM
Anyways, is it possible to set a thread as "muted" or no?

AFAIK, no, it isn't.

GW

ziproot
2021-12-15, 08:36 PM
Oh, that's too bad. Thanks for letting me know!