PDA

View Full Version : Shiftweave in an Antimagic Field

NecessaryWeevil
2021-12-15, 12:10 PM
What happens to Shiftweave (from Eberron) in an Antimagic Field? Does it revert to some sort of default (if so, what is it?) or does it just become incapable of shifting between outfits?

JNAProductions
2021-12-15, 12:25 PM
What happens to Shiftweave (from Eberron) in an Antimagic Field? Does it revert to some sort of default (if so, what is it?) or does it just become incapable of shifting between outfits?

I'd rule it retains whatever appearance it had last, but cannot shift to other forms while in an Antimagic Field.

If the default matters, I'd probably say that it's just one of the outfits. The other four outfits are "stored" within it and can shift to them, but one of the outfits is its default state.

Bobthewizard
2021-12-15, 12:50 PM
It would be funny to rule that it either disappears completely or all 5 outfits show up at once, but I'd probably rule either the current one or a default one.

JNAProductions
2021-12-15, 01:08 PM
It would be funny to rule that it either disappears completely or all 5 outfits show up at once, but I'd probably rule either the current one or a default one.

Only for some games. I've certainly run some where that'd be the best option. :P

Chronos
2021-12-15, 04:51 PM
He said "funny", not "bad". If it disappeared, that probably would be funny, in any sort of game. And then it might also be described by a variety of other adjectives, depending on the game.