PDA

View Full Version : How to creat a base that is hard to attack (all spells allowed & good wealth)

Zhepna
2021-12-19, 01:33 PM
Hi,

I have access to the spell genesis and all others spells a cleric have access with all the domains. I would like to creat a base and creat really good protections against what the dm would throw at it. Of course, since he is the dm, he'll always have the upper hand but was wondering what others players do for their high-level campaigns.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Anthrowhale
2021-12-19, 01:57 PM
Are you an Initiate of Mystra?

The ability to cast on a dead magic plane allows you to create a formidable-to-almost-all defense by denying them magic. If you make the plane also Timeless[magic], then you can freely load you dead magic plane with effectively-permanent spells. For example, walls of force cast via greater anyspell which are a 1/2 foot apart so size fine creatures are comfortable, size dimunitive ones can squeeze around, and larger ones don't fit. (You can access size fine via Polymorph.) At that point, you need only be concerned with Initiates of Mystra and naturally fine or diminutive creatures that access your plane.

Zhepna
2021-12-19, 02:25 PM
Are you an Initiate of Mystra?

The ability to cast on a dead magic plane allows you to create a formidable-to-almost-all defense by denying them magic. If you make the plane also Timeless[magic], then you can freely load you dead magic plane with effectively-permanent spells. For example, walls of force cast via greater anyspell which are a 1/2 foot apart so size fine creatures are comfortable, size dimunitive ones can squeeze around, and larger ones don't fit. (You can access size fine via Polymorph.) At that point, you need only be concerned with Initiates of Mystra and naturally fine or diminutive creatures that access your plane.

Yes I'm an Initiate of Mystra :smallsmile: Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Gusmo
2021-12-19, 06:57 PM
A key spell someone would want to use against you is planar bubble (Spell Compendium), which will neutralize all of the traits of your plane and replace them with the traits of the caster's native plane.

Jervis
2021-12-19, 07:02 PM
Hi,

I have access to the spell genesis and all others spells a cleric have access with all the domains. I would like to creat a base and creat really good protections against what the dm would throw at it. Of course, since he is the dm, he'll always have the upper hand but was wondering what others players do for their high-level campaigns.

Thanks and have a nice day.

I recommend getting a weirdstone from one of those forgotten realms books to handle teleportation spells. Building a stronghold with the harp that makes said stronghold indestructible can be a good option as well