PDA

View Full Version : Can there be a psionic Mythic Exemplar?

Almus Rayne
2021-12-20, 07:09 AM
So I am building a diverse character lets say, and they have a few levels of Psychic Warrior. Later on after meeting the requirements they are going to take the Mythic Exemplar prestige class, but starting at 2nd level it says you gain one level of an existing spell class. Well I understand that psionics are not spells, but for the reason why Mythic Exemplar would give a level of an existing spell caster class in the first place, I could see it making the same argument for a psionic class as long as you remained consistent.

What do all of you think? Yay or nay for the Psionic Mythic Exemplar?

Beni-Kujaku
2021-12-20, 07:59 AM
This would absolutely not be broken and psionic classes need a bit more choice for their prestige classes anyway, so I wouldn't see no problem adapting ME to increase psionic instead at each even level.

However, Mythic Exemplar comes with quite a background package attached. You're supposed to be the disciple of one of the Six in the Shadows, and it would be pretty weird for Imdastri and Ktolemagne to grant psionic levels as their archetype advancement, since none of them are psionic. Maybe you could homebrew a "Seventh in the Shadows" which improves psionics, with favored Will save, something like "Once per day, as an immediate action, you can regain your psionic focus", "+4 to your manifesting stat", "You permanently gain 1 power point per manifester level (only count the highest)", "You gain 10+manifester level Psionic Resistance" as their least, lesser, greater and supreme Paragon's Gift, and "every power you manifest modified with metapsionic costs 2 power points less, for a minimum equal to the normal power cost of the power" as the embodiment.

Almus Rayne
2021-12-21, 02:08 AM
Just wanted to say that I absolutely love your quote at the bottom lol. And thanks!