PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious spell combo in-battle...

samcifer
2021-12-23, 11:55 AM
We were playing a homebrew campaign last night where our level 7 group (air genisi storm barbarian, kobold fire druid, my tabaxi archery-focused eldritch knight and an elderly elf bladesinger) were fighting a level 16 fox wizard in a library. The wizar pc was flying and was way up high near the ceiling and decided to use catapult on a large heavy book he launched from a high shelf down at the floating fox. The fox succeeded on his dex save, but wanting to see what happened, I cast Silvery Barbs on him and his re-roll failed his dex save so that he took 40 damage from the flung book. The wizard had already been hit with a level 7 Finger of Death and then he got struck by a level 8 Finger of Death . then fell to his insta death (from the fall damage. Since he had died from FoD, he rose as a zombie and it wook 8 summoned bats from the druid to put him down permanently. (the wizard player was keen on swapping to a velociraptor-summoning shepherd druid rabbit-folk pc anyways).

Just the idea of making th fox efail his save against a falling book was too funny to not try to help make happen. Best use of Silvery Barbs I've even heard of so far. :D