PDA

View Full Version : Ok they had weakest, now build the strongest

toddex
2007-11-20, 04:17 PM
Level 3 character. Using any book from 3.5 no homebrew stuff.

(This is mostly a "Help me get back at my buddy" thread haha curse him and his damned nine swords)

Dausuul
2007-11-20, 04:22 PM
*sigh* Do I even have to say it?

martyboy74
2007-11-20, 04:29 PM
You're going to need to add some more limits, as Dausuul pointed out.

KIDS
2007-11-20, 04:34 PM
It begins with "Pun" and ends with "Pun". How many signs are there between the beginning and the end?

WrstDmEvr
2007-11-20, 06:51 PM
It begins with "Pun" and ends with "Pun". How many signs are there between the beginning and the end?
He's actually level 6, so no go.

How the hell did your buddy get a nine swords??? He's level three, right?

Mr.Bookworm
2007-11-20, 06:53 PM
Pun-Pun can actually be done with a level 1 Psion.

It involves lots of Knowledge (The Planes) cheese that I won't spell out here.

Temp
2007-11-20, 06:59 PM
How the hell did your buddy get a nine swords??? He's level three, right?Methinks this is a reference to the Tome of Battle's (which is often called "Nine Swords") classes dominating at low levels.

If you want to show him up in a sane game, just start throwing Glitterdust and Web around. Or flaunt your skill points somewhere.

WrstDmEvr
2007-11-20, 07:03 PM
Ah. I apologize for my ignorance.

tsuyoshikentsu
2007-11-20, 08:42 PM

You don't need to be a Psion; you just need to avoid groaning whenever you think of Beetlejuice.

puppyavenger
2007-11-21, 06:54 AM

Pazuzu ftw!

Mordokai
2007-11-21, 07:01 AM
What does Pazuzu has to do with Pun-Pun?

For that matter, what does Pun-Pun stand for? I have this funny feeling I'm missing something here.

puppyavenger
2007-11-21, 07:05 AM
What does Pazuzu has to do with Pun-Pun?

For that matter, what does Pun-Pun stand for? I have this funny feeling I'm missing something here.

The knowledge the(the planes) check is to see if the pazuzu will grant wishes if you say his name three times. I'm not sure of the spiecifics but you wish to be on anothe plane with a candle of invocation and call one of the snake thing with manipulate form.

Indon
2007-11-21, 12:40 PM
You don't need to be a Psion; you just need to avoid groaning whenever you think of Beetlejuice.

Hastur > Pazuzu, IMO.

Emperor Demonking
2007-11-21, 12:43 PM
Isn't Pun-Pun a paladin who uses re-training rules.

Frosty
2007-11-21, 12:46 PM
No. Pun-Pun is a kobold who is unbeatable without time-travel cheese.

puppyavenger
2007-11-21, 02:46 PM
No. Pun-Pun is a kobold who is unbeatable without time-travel cheese.

But Pun-pun has said time travel cheese and can give himself an immunity to it.

F.L.
2007-11-21, 03:50 PM
The serpent things are Sarrukhs. 14HD, CR23, 1 main special ability: Manipulate form (lets you give any power to any scaled creature). But to make Pun-pun, you need to retrain and get a loyal snake familiar. And turn yourself into a Sarrukh, I thought.

kemmotar
2007-11-21, 04:19 PM
There's more than one version to Pun-Pun. The original one requires 5 levels and gives you infinite stats in all stats...the newest version uses pazuzu(a demon that grants wishes) to grant you wishes...i'm not exactly sure how that works out...He can also, with magic of incarnum, create a sphere of "tv screens" for every place in every plane. He can then with his infinite spot see anything and everything in every plain and reach through the tv screen and kill anything he doesn't like...

anyway link here for anyone that doesn't know of khan's exploits on the wizard forum:smalltongue:
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=491801

and next is the most iterated phrase in these forums..."best at what"?
There are a million things to be good at and you can't be good in all of them...unless of course you are pun pun...

Icewalker
2007-11-21, 04:33 PM
Actually, through a phrasing loophole, Pun-pun can use any sp/ex/su ability he wants...including ones he makes up. So he can do absolutely anything he wants to. The one I've read is 5th level. I'm guessing the 1st level Pazuzu thing is a set up to get the pieces you need to become Pun-pun from first level.

Lyinginbedmon
2007-11-21, 05:44 PM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't involved with Pun-Pun's level 1 model, but these days it's best to consider something other than "The double-P that must not be named" whenever anyone asks for the "most powerful" at any level. Presently we're working on a prenatal Pun-Pun, or P3

Hyfigh
2007-11-21, 05:56 PM

QFT! If you head on over to the CO and TO boards, my sig has a simple version of his current incarnation.

Jack_Simth
2007-11-21, 06:23 PM
There's more than one version to Pun-Pun. The original one requires 5 levels
Well, no - the original original was a 12th level Psion Egoist with Overchannel, Assume Supernatural Ability (Manipulate Form) and Psicrystal Affinity (for a friendly target).

He went through several incarnations, and was eventually whittled down to an Old level 1 Human Paladin using Knoweledge skill abuse and a fairly specific major demon to initiate an infinite Wish loop to initiate the Pun-Pun loop.

WrstDmEvr
2007-11-21, 07:36 PM
back on topic:

Personally, I would suggest a warlock using a Sickening Eldritch Spear. Plays to a will save and you can launch it from far enough to avoid any attempts to close the distance between you.