PDA

View Full Version : Play DnD 5e Chess

gregc
2021-12-24, 05:37 AM
You can pick players, monsters and then launch the chess board, which uses the dnd combat simulator API.

https://dndchess.com

It still automates the dice rolls, reactions, spells, etc so its the basic simulator but you can actively participate making decisions for the movement and actions/bonus actions etc.

A work in progress of course.

Free under the fan content license.

Wizard_Lizard
2021-12-26, 01:02 AM
Huh I'll check it out!

elyktsorb
2021-12-26, 04:29 AM
Reminds me of a Warcraft 3 custom game I used to play called soulchess

sambojin
2021-12-26, 09:32 PM
Wow, looks really good. This'll give me something to do until my back gets better. Thanks!

Hiro Quester
2021-12-27, 04:26 PM
That is kind of fun. It looks very promising. I just tried it with a 10th level party against a beholder and a few cultists and fanatics. The beholder downed the cleric and paladin, before the hexblade finished it off. Fun.

There are many features that would improve it that I assume you are working on (the rogue and the hexblade didn't have some expected bonus action options like hide or hexblade's curse; it would be nice if abilities with range limitations had those labelled). But the basic mechanics are there. It's great for simulating a party's encounter with various creatures.

Awesome job. I look forward to seeing how it develops.

Edit. What I thought was missing, was just out of range (so not offered as an option). My bad.