PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick Adventure Game: Dungeon of Dorukan

Purpley
2007-11-20, 06:08 PM
Has anyone played this game? and if so could you rate/comment on it without giving away any big spoilers?

I'm curious, cuz 40 bucks is 40 bucks... I'd want to see how everyone likes it first, if it's replayability value is high, etc. etc.

:smallbiggrin:

Jasdoif
2007-11-20, 06:24 PM
I've never played it...however, you might take a look at the adventure game's own forum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12), it's likely to have questions/answers/comments that'll help you decide if you'll like it or not.

Twingunn
2007-11-22, 03:04 PM
I own the game and like it very much. The replayablitiy is pretty much infinite. The dungeon is different each time you play. The board is made up of cards such that each time you play you will not get the same layout. It is of course much more fun when you have all the characters played but even with 3 people I like it very much. The point of the game is of course to descend through the dungeon and slay Xykon. Along the way collecting loot which can be collected for points at the end of the game, given to other players as bribes for help or traded in for schticks (new abilitys). As you slay monsters you trade the X - perience points for more schticks and power. I haven't tried the expansion pack yet though. Has anyone else?

Radlok
2007-11-23, 07:23 PM
We have had it for only a week and we love it. "We' being myself, my wife, and my children [Okay, only one is old enough to understand it, but the younger two like hearing us laugh]. Not only is there a 'regular' rule book, but als a 4 page quick reference booklet that is done as a comic, with the charaters explain what they are doing to play the game. The game itself is a riot! There is one monster name "The dragon on the front of the box". When my wife saw it she was perplexed until my son and I showed here the front of the box and the dragon there upon. The loot is funny, the shticks [your OotS character's abilitys] are funny as well as... well... in character. Get it, play it, have a good time.

:elan: