PDA

View Full Version : Way to get Multiweapon fighting?

Azerian Kelimon
2007-11-20, 07:19 PM
As I was browsing my complete scoundrel, I came to see Surprise weapons. Pretty damn nifty, if I say so, and they could possibly open up a bag of tricks. Question is, can you get the benefits of multiweapon fighting when fighting with them? And can you enchant them so as to become a sort of swiss army knife? Allowing it on rangers would reduce their suckiness a bit, and rogues....well, they could go monkey with SA's.

Wraith
2007-11-20, 07:54 PM
I think I understand where you're coming from Azerian - in humanoids, Two Weapon Fighting allows you to attack with a weapon in both hands, but you would take Multiweapon Fighting in order to attack with the blades attached to your elbows/knees/feet, etc as well.

In theory, a highly-practiced character could do such a thing, though probably adding up all the penalties in the process (-2 for a surprise weapon and a further -10 for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th weapons) if you asked your GM nicely.

I personally, however, would not allow it in one of my games due to the RAW description of Multiweapon Fighting. The feat specifically states that the character fights with a weapon in each hand, and not just 'with whatever weapons they have attached'.

While you might come to a deal with your own DM, I can see it being discouraged among some Players who would attempt to get extra attacks for blades on their elbows, knees and feet along with their normal weapons. I really don't think Multiweapon Fighting was intended to allow a human to get +6 attacks per round! :smallsmile:

NEO|Phyte
2007-11-20, 08:17 PM
Sadly, the only way to get Multiweapon Fighting is to have 3 or more hands.